Family in hard times.
Hi I'm new here, I didn't know what else to do. So, lemme tell you what I've been experiencing. My family (me, my mom and dad) have been having a really rough financial stage for almost a year now. We've lost a lot of stuff over this time and the overall morale is down. Mom and dad get into constant fights and previously these fights didn't bother me but nowadays I shiver and feel restless when I see them fight. Further, my dad gets pissed out for little reasons and gets really toxic in the heat of the moment (no violence). I feel like lashing out on him for his behavior but that will only worsen things. I really don't know how to deal with the restlessness. Many told me not to interfere with their matters but I feel that it's necessary to intervene. I cannot distract myself from what's happening and it's really messing my mind up...
@yellowKiwi8144
I'm very sorry that you are dealing with this. It sounds like a tense situation. Perhaps a conversation with your parents when things are calmer about how you are feeling would help? I am sorry about the financial trouble your family is dealting with. That can be a huge stressor. I hope things get better for you and your family. Wishing you a good week!
Hi I can relate to your situation. I have been going through something similar. I have tried to intervene multiple times too but it just damaged my mental health further. The only advice I can give you is to look after yourself. That's all you can do. Take care of your own self and do little things which will make you feel better. Believe that this time will pass.
@thecaffeinatedoverthinkern Your response makes a lot of sense. We want to help make things better, but cannot unless our own cup is full. So the best we can do is to first look to keep our mind steady. Once we start to restore our mental sanity, it gets easier to think about helping and playing our role.