Having abusive family while in school
Hey,
I started orientation for school today, and it went okay, although I didn't sleep well. I think I did ok at talking to some new people despite being nervous. We went over values and what is supporting you in school and a lot of people mentioned family. I feel a lot of feelings of Imposter Syndrome but less about my abilities and more because of having an abusive family and it's really hard to see people's encouraging supportive family at orientation or graduations and I feel a lot of jealousy and loneliness because I have to go through a hard program and am more on my own with my struggles.
Day
I'm so sorry you have to go through that. I am in a similar boat to you so if you ever want to talk feel free to shoot me a message. It unfair what you are going though and you are allowed to feel whatever feelings your having regardless of what others have to say. I know making new friends is really hard but try not to worry about it because when I forgot about the stress of making new friends I made the the best friend I could have ever made. What I am trying to say is that though is scary I know you can handle this and you will achieve any goal you are after. I am sorry you are feeling alone so I am sending you a huge hug 🫂
@practicalBlueberry8450 Thank you. I really appreciate it! At some point maybe I will find someone I feel comfortable with at school to confide in about this which I think would make me feel better. It was only the first day though so probably best to wait until we all get to know each other a bit more.