How to deal with narcissistic parents (and a sibling) ?
To make a very long story short...
1) My parents are both narcissistic. I was under their "spells" for 15 years, until I finally wake up recently (thanks to my brother & other family members).
2) My sibling is the narcissistic "golden child", and I suspect the parents are active flying monkeys. Anything the narc does is ok. When my brother or me says anything about her, the parents will go "Poor her. She has such a hard life" (hello, she's playing on the phone! She's sitting on the couch and talking trash about someone else. I'm working on my computer for hours. Whose life is harder?)
3) My parents (and the sibling) were living in my house. For 10+ months, I had been through emotional hell. When I seeked a psychologist to talk to my parents, they went as far as accusing me for being "crazy", the psychologist to be "the liar" and even cursed me "You go suicide is ok." What kind of parents will curse their child to go suicide? Guess only the narc parents will...
4) Recently I managed to kick out the narc sibling. She now lives in another country, yet still constantly makes phone calls to my parents & tells made-up stories to smear my brother and me. Before she left my house, I already told the narc sibling not to go near my house again, or else I'll seek protection from authorities.
Now, every single day, my parents (especially my narc mom) keep talking about how "sad and miserable" the golden child is (though she's in quarantine in a 5-star hotel!). They also talk about how "evil" of my brother and me, for pointing out the narc daughter and not tolerating her bs anymore. They start cursing my brother too! They tell him to "beware of Karma", "make sure you don't die soon" or "make sure your wife won't leave you" and all kinds of stuff, for not tolerating the favorite narc.
Although I literally went minimal (almost none) talking with the parents for about 5 months now, it's still very physically & emotionally draining to hear them talking trash and indirectly cursing me & my brother every day, hours straight. Sometimes I got super angry, but I know if I say anything out loud, I just end up giving them narc supply.
Are there any strategies to resolve this situation? I don't want to live in my own house and being treated like trash, listening to the same crap, plus being cursed to die every day.
Yes, they are my parents, but I reached my limit of tolerance. I'm not going to waste another 15 years !!
Thank you. Please advise.
I left. All my life I wanted to be wanted and loved. Never got that from my family so when I was a teen I just left. I was a drug addict and alcoholic for years. I was the girl who got blacked out and woke up in a different state. Eventually I just moved and started new. You won’t find what your looking for if you don’t leave. It will never change. You can’t change someone that doesnt want to change