Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hurt

User Profile: peachOak6858
peachOak6858 November 20th, 2021

My grandparents are not doing well. My grandmother is seeming to give up and it's taking a huge toll on my grandfather. I tried to help but my father does not want me around. I feel so guilty because my grandmother is crying out for my help but I don't know how more to help her. I can't even help myself 🤦🏿‍♀️

3
User Profile: GoldenNest2727
GoldenNest2727 November 20th, 2021

I'm sorry that your family is going through this. One of the toughest things a caregiver faces is accepting that all of your efforts, all of your sacrifices, all of your best laid plans, will not save that person. A caregiver can sometimes assist with providing a better quality of life, but eventually, the person will continue to decline and there's nothing the caregiver can do about that. It hurts. It feels unfair. You know that you'd fix it if you could. You've done what you can. Be gentle with yourself.

1 reply
User Profile: peachOak6858
peachOak6858 OP November 20th, 2021

Thank you so much for those kind words!

load more
User Profile: exquisitePeace7976
exquisitePeace7976 November 22nd, 2021

@peachOak6858

I'm so sorry for your hurt. I'm praying for you and your family. Be strong.