I Have Emotionally Never Had A Family
Growing up I had some issues with undiagnosed mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and ADHD and because I am a girl they went untreated or notice for the majority of my life. So being that I was having issues with my self along with back to back friend issues at school I would then come home to an emotionally abusive household. I had all these issues to deal with and I had not one person to support me. Now growing up I was very lucky I had food, gifts, a home, and not a fear that my parents would physically harm me which I am very lucky for, but I am still in so much pain. My mother makes me apology to those who have hurt me, is exstreamly manipulative, makes me feel less than her daily, is a undiagnosed narsasits, hates to be wrong, tells all of her friends on the phone all of my personal issues and used to complain about how I was ruining her life as a kid, and has never had my back. Boy was she an actor she would pretend like she loved me then drop me at the blink of an eye. And because she was such a good actor I had no one to go to and still don't to this day they would all say to me, "how dare you say that about your mother." Or "you're lucky to have a mom like her, I wish I had a mom like that." And because of that I never though that anything was wrong and that I deserved all that what i was getting because I have always been a bad kid. Like I mentioned earlier I had a lot of issues when I was younger and when I was little I would ruffhouse with my sibling to hard and hurt them on accident and as I got older and my freind issues and mental health disorders got worse I would often snap and get mad at my sibiling. All of this is not somthing I am proud of, but I have been trying my best not to repeat the cycle and apologize about it all the time. But instead of accepting my apology my whole house has marked me as the least favorite child and has never sided with me either. My father Is the same way as my mother and has never believed me yet they all pretend to constantly which is very confusing. I am trying my hardest because the only thing I have ever wanted was a loving and emotionally avaliable family and that is somthing that I will never get. I haven't said I love to them in years because I can't say somthing I don't mean. The whole story is very long and confusing and there is no way I can type it all down. I am just to upset that I feel so unloved in my own family and no one will ever belive what I have to say and I though ranting would help me to cope with everything better, but I'm still struggling. I don't know of I can take all this anymore.
(Edited for content by @peaceloveandpaws)
@practicalBlueberry8450
Through your words, I can hear your pain, your confusion, and your lonliness. I imagine it hurts a great deal to be lonely in your own family and singled out by them. It's unfair for them to ask you to apologize today for things that a long past. It sounds like your physical needs, like food and shelter, were cared for but your emotional needs were not. It can be difficult for emotionally neglected people to trust others. More so when we feel we are being gaslighted by our parents, namesly you mom. Could that possibly be part of the reasons your friendships were were coflicted? Are you currently living in the home with your family? You mentioned you do not have emotional support from your extended family. Would you be interested in seeing a counselor to discussion your depression and anxiety? Do you think your parents might respond if you asked for mental health support? If you aren't in a position to move out of the family home, might there be ways you can spend some time away from home, like studying at the library?
Thank you so much for your kind words they touched me and they were somthing I haven't heard in the my life you make me feel validated and belive my stories and I deeply wanted to thank you for that. My family does supply me with mental health recourses like a counselor but recently I have just had to end it because of school. Luckily I leave for college in a couple of months but I can't take it anymore and wish that I where moving now. I actually would love to text with some kind of therapist to talk more in depth about my situation. I would like to thank you once again for saying such kind words and for the first time in my life feeling heard.
@practicalBlueberry8450 I can relate to you a lot as my parents are emotionally abusive as well. It's very hard to not have those relationships and also difficult to build friendships that have a really strong level of support and can take a long time and a lot of vulnerability which is very hard when we don't feel safe being vulnerable with family. *hugs* Personally I am working on building Chosen Family from friends, potential romantic partners and LGBT community. It is not built overnight though. I hope we will both find more supportive people.
Thank you so much for those kind words! I am sorry you are in the same emotionally abusive family relationship as I am and hope that you will be able really able to heal up those nasty scars they left because you are strong and you can do this. I think the idea of building up your own family group regardless of it being family or not is a beautiful idea which I will take inspiration from you and start doing the same thing. Your post really made my whole day and made me feel so loved you will never know *big HUGE hugs* I wish you the best of luck in building your own perfect family and healing yours even though I don't even need to because I know you will do amazingly. Send love and support your way ❤