Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel unmotivated and sad

User Profile: joykokita
joykokita July 20th, 2021

I am extremely tired of being with my parents. Everything I say is cause for laughter, mockery, fights or maybe "why are you telling me this? I'm your mother/father and I'm always right". I'm already very discouraged with life due to several factors and this is causing me to have some strange thoughts. I know there are people who are worse off than I am, but is a daughter supposed to agree with everything her parents say and bow her head? I don't think it works that way, that must be why we always have fights because I don't bow my head and accept whatever they say or do whatever they want. I feel invisible here, like no one respects me or listens to me. My father is the worst and the one that puts me down the most. He doesn't speak directly to me but speaks to my mother and sister and I always listen to everything he says about me. He always puts me down and talks bad. I avoid talking to him because every time we argue, it's not too big, but it's enough for him to say a lot of things that hurt me including the fact that I'm unemployed. My mom isn't very different either and I feel like my sister is getting a bit like that too. I often wonder if I'm the wrong one, as they are either very freaked out or passive-aggressive. I feel lost, sad and unmotivated.

5
July 20th, 2021

I hear you. I understand how down it could come to feel. Would you like to share what has helped you in the past in a similar situation? Or, you could share 'what would you say to a friend who were in a similar situation as you'?

World is family

User Profile: joykokita
joykokita OP July 28th, 2021

In the past I didn't do anything, I just waited for things to calm down. And to a friend I would say words of comfort! :)

July 29th, 2021

@joykokita Does the wait help?

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

User Profile: joykokita
joykokita OP July 29th, 2021

Not exactly. I mean, I forgot about it for the first few months, but I always remember it from time to time.

July 29th, 2021

@joykokita I see, it mentally comes back to you and bothers you. Would you like to share with me any dreams of how you want yourself or your life to be?

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

load more
load more
load more
load more