Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need help with my mom

User Profile: KittyCat7787
KittyCat7787 February 18th, 2021

My mom doesn't really like it when I say "I love you" to her or even hug her, she would get mad at me and ignore me. It really hurts when she does that especially it's from my mother, I always feel like I did something wrong for her to act like she hates me and I really don't what to do or say. Any tips or advice please?

3
User Profile: warmheartedSailboat2021
warmheartedSailboat2021 February 18th, 2021

Hey Cat. I’m sorry about what you’re going through. What can you do for yourself to show yourself love? I have a mother who was emotionally distant also. Now as I’m older, I’ve learned I don’t have to take on the burden of wondering why my mother and I aren’t close. I ‘mother’ myself by taking control of what I appreciate and enjoy. Leaving those who have no love to give me isn’t an option because they are family, but it doesn’t mean I have to be at thier mercy, and give them opportunities to reject me. I choose to love myself, do nice things for myself, and say nice things to myself. With practice, in time, You can too 💕