Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Misunderstandings

User Profile: DeniseKitty123
DeniseKitty123 August 18th, 2021

I wanted to ask some advice because I am having misunderstandings with my mom sometimes. I love my parents and get along with them most of the time but sometimes we have issues. My mother often talks about herself without listening to others, often blames me for small mistakes that I make or vents her anger at me, and in that moment my dad also takes her side. I am often the one apologizing. However I feel like her mood swings are starting to cause me stress, and it has made feel more anxious and depressed sometimes. I have been wanting to move out because I feel like moving out and having some space would benefit my mental health, but my parents told me it would be better to stay at home because I could save money as I am a university student. Could anyone give me advice about whether moving out would be a good option for me?

2
August 18th, 2021

@DeniseKitty123 I am not sure what could be best for you, but you certainly deserve some happiness. Is there anything which has helped in the past in feeling better?

A growth path to help you smile https://www.7cups.com/path/playlist/smile/

User Profile: Daydreamer47
Daydreamer47 August 23rd, 2021

@DeniseKitty123 You should do what is best for you in the situation. You could try splitting an apartment with a friend or roommates to save money. You can also get used furniture and household supplies from Craigslist or Goodwill.