Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My husband has anger issues

User Profile: selfconfidentTree6956
selfconfidentTree6956 May 29th, 2021

He is a nice person, generally kind and outgoing, very nice to friends and other people. But sometimes tiny things send him into furious mode, and he becomes a recklessly angry and has extreme thoughts, especially in front of his family and me, and towards himself. He always thinks about things in their worst situation, finds so many things disgusting, and can't make peace with the world. Almost everytime I am affected emotionally, whether whatever triggered that involves me or not. I tried to talk sense into him, but he always has his own theory and cannot be persuaded in any way. Very often when he is angry at something, he refuses to talk. After some time he would come around, sometimes finding himself wrong, apologizes, and becomes a normal person again. I don't know if he's going to change. This is taking a toll on my mental stability and of course happiness in general. I don't know how to make things change for the better.

3
User Profile: All1is2well
All1is2well May 29th, 2021

I wish u all d lov n support..❤️🙌🏻 Looking at his behaviour, we can assure he is trying to change,. But better u confront to him about it. Tell him, he is behaviour is hurting u, let him know. I wish u all d very best👍🏻stay strong, as u always did💪🏻 Take care😊

1 reply
May 30th, 2021

@All1is2well Very supportive response.

load more
User Profile: Justapartofmylife
Justapartofmylife June 13th, 2021

If it's taking a toll on your mental health and if he doesn't recognize he has anger issues and needs to go to therapy, get away. Now. I have a father with anger issues. He is also a good person but when he gets mad he loses control and he always claims to be right during arguments. Usually they arise for the smallest things. He considers someone didn't talk to him appropriately due to a very slight voice tone or physical gesture or things like that. It was worse many years ago, when I was a little kid. He finally recognised he had a problem after he slaped my mom so hard he caused her a bad split lip and she didn't forgive him (a long time after he used to punish my siblings harshly when they were little). I, personally, used to fear him whenever he got mad because he would scream at my mom and me at the top of his lungs and I'd just freeze in terror. Even nowadays, he sometimes gets so mad that I have to stand between him and my mom because I fear he might hit her again and when I do it, I fear he might hit me. It's an important thing to take into consideration when starting a life with someone. If you are planning on having kids, they will go through this unless he admits his problem and goes to therapy. If he doesn't admit it or says he can make it on his own, run. Seriously. Are you willing to give yourself or your children this experience? Waiting for him to calm down, all terrorised, hoping he won't go insanely mad and hurt any of you? I don't think so. Trust me, these problems are hard to change and can only do so through counselling. Good luck