My parents are overly protective
I think my parents are overly protective that they don’t have boundaries anymore. I get that I am an only child, but it feels like they don’t have trust in me. I’m 23 years old, and I have just started dating openly. I’m dating this wonderful man, and I accidentally mentioned to my parents that we kissed on our second date. It was a stupid move, I know, but I honestly felt like it was okay to be more open to them. Now, they want me to lie low from the guy I’m dating. It’s just sad because both of us are in the process of getting to know each other, and it might be put to an end so fast.
@seeking1105
sorry you feel your parents are overly protected. parents just want to keep us safe but at the same time your a young adult and you can make decisions.
@seeking1105
I see you frustration. It's not uncommon for parents to cling to their only child, or even when they have just one son or one daughter out of three children of more. Sometimes it's easy to cross the line between protective and controlling.
But as you've said, you are an adult now. And in all honesty, you've done nothing wrong. You cannot stay a child because your parents are having a hard time letting go. Perhaps it's time you start figuring out what you want and who you are outside of being their child. That is a huge step for anyone to take. Make sure you are ready for it.
I wish you best in your journey (whatever your decision). Good luck. And I hope you grace us with an update.