My parents cause me extra stress
So I've known my whole life that my mom's reality isn't exactly the one we live in, and it's caused me a lot of trouble in the past. It got better for a little bit, but now that I've moved out, it's getting worse again. My parents will talk about pretty unrealistic hypothetical situations involving me, and then convince each other that it's true. And then they go and tell the rest of the family of the new terrible thing I did....when none of it really happened...I'm having a hard time navigating this situation. This is also the healthiest my relationship has been with them in a really long time and it doesnt seem to be looking good at the moment The most recent one was my mom got very upset that I was going to Texas for christmas instead of going to see her... I have never discussed going to Texas for any reason, and I also haven't talked about holiday plans at all yet, because it's way too soon to think about it, in my opinion. This is one of the more mild ones, but it's still hard. And I know I'll get phonecalls from distant relatives with the whole "How DARE you do this to your parents?!!! They raised you and this is how you repay them!" thing. They'll try to talk me out of going to Texas (which I was never, and still am not doing). And the hardest part is knowing that I'm the only one who knows the truth I'm increasingly frustrated every day, and I feel like there's nothing I can do to improve the situation
It sounds like your family is really difficult to deal with especially since they make things up and also blame you for those things. There may not be too much that you can do to improve your situation with them unless of they permit it to be so. I understand how frustrating that it for you.