Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No hate comments please: not loving parents

User Profile: TheJenInBlack
TheJenInBlack July 3rd, 2021

I want to stress that I can’t take hate comments. The truth is that I haven’t loved my mother for years. I learned not to love her because the moment I let my guard down and let her in on my life, that’s the moment she does this weird attachment thing, then makes me feel bad about being “too sensitive”. And the older my dad gets, the more he just blindly agrees with her. I don’t need that in my life. Bye.

2
User Profile: EmrysMorningstar
EmrysMorningstar July 3rd, 2021

I don’t love my dad at all, he was mentally and physically abusive to me when I was growing up and now his temper seems to have worsened but only towards everyone but my youngest sister (he loves her deeply). I honestly couldn’t give a shit about him anymore and I’m glad I found someone who holds no love for their parent either.

User Profile: TheJenInBlack
TheJenInBlack OP July 3rd, 2021

@emrysmorningstar I’m not glad that happened to you, but I’m glad that at least you understand what it’s like to not love a parent. I was verbally and emotionally abused by my mom growing up. She has anger issues and undiagnosed OCD and she’s LOUD. Very opposite of my voice. So loud. She would call me terrible things. I never thought I deserved it but I still wondered if there was something wrong with me. I’ve always been different. Shy. Quiet. Until college I was bullied in school just for being shy and smart. But I found out in college that I’m actually a great person, I was only shy because I didn’t want to speak at home, and of course had anxiety. I’m rambling I’m sorry...it’s just nice to find someone who understands. To make matters complicated I do live at home right now because I’m waiting on another job, but I have a second interview soon, so I’m hoping to get out and live freely again. It’s actually not that bad, it’s just..I don’t thrive here.

load more