Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Only child with a toxic father who also has mental health problems

User Profile: courageousPerson1288
courageousPerson1288 August 2nd, 2021

I don't know the point of writeing this out i don't think it will ever change hi I'm insert name here I have depressen and social anxiety in my late 20s and a homeschool mom 😊 I'm terrified of doctors and have an apt coming up next week that I am anxious about for no reason unless all this raises my blood pressure so I have been already waking up in my anxiety. Oh and today is a big day for me and my child it's our first day back to school we where very excited and this morning I woke up to a message from my dad's girlfriend asking me to check on him because he seamed like he was on something all weekend (wich he absolutely did I seen him 2 days ago) she claimed that he only seamed normal when we where there like I said he did not so I'm pretty sure she was trying to munipulate me into careing or something then she proceeded to tell me about there recent relationship problems and so on now I have told her before that I am absolutely not okay with her trying to make me deal with his problems as I am not equipped to handle these matters I am NOT a mental health professional,a child shouldn't have to parent there parent even if that child is now an adult and already deal with my own mental health problems many that stem from them (I can't get a call or even a text from them anymore without usually throwing up,gaging,heart racing,so on so forth) she has done something simaler recently on a big day for me my socially anxius self decided to meet other homeschool mom's and go to a meet up this was a huge accomplishment for me and rite as I was starting to get a little conferrable around these lady's she started blowing up my phone with you need to call you dad I am so worried about him she came by my home and everything (I seen her on my door bell camera) I just can't with them I don't know what to do except keep telling her to stop doing this to ne honestly I feel like I should just cut ties but that is to hard I have good memories with them and they are not bad people just very toxic in my opinion again I don't know the point of writeing this out but here it is

2
User Profile: courageousPerson1288
courageousPerson1288 OP August 2nd, 2021

Oh and I can't really tell my dad she is doing this because I'm scared he will be mad at her

User Profile: loyalMango7325
loyalMango7325 August 3rd, 2021

In my opinion cutting ties with her seems like a good option or if you dont want to make such a drastic decision then let her know that you wont be tolerating this kind of behaviour any longer. And also having a talk with your father might be beneficial if hes willing to listen. You got this:)