Suggestions.
My children are experiencing some normal changes. Getting older, bodies,friends, and interests are all changing. With that being said they have also began to make some poor choices & I'm just concerned about their overall happiness and well bring.
Their father and I are divorced. We are two very different people. But I do believe that children need both parents. What are some suggestions too ease the tension between us all?
@turkeybby
That's a great question, how to ease tensions between yourself and the dad. I think being able to present a united front as parents, especially to teenagers, can be very important. I suppose an important place to start would be identifying the sources of tension. Are there any old feelings that you could both agree to let go of, like anger or resentment? Are there ongoing or unresolved legal issues at play? Are there places where you are both on the same page? How do you think he might react to your suggestions about trying to move forward as parents united to support your kids through the teenage years? Are there co-parenting classes in your area?
@turkeybby What do you mean by poor choices exactly? Is there student counseling services available that could help them? Maybe just sit down for a heart to heart to try to listen to how they are feeling and why they are struggling without judgment? As a younger person, I felt this is what I really wanted from my parents who tended to punish and yell at me instead of trying to understand what I was going through.