Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Too old to act a fool.

User Profile: medusa1979
medusa1979 April 29th, 2022

I'm at my wits end with my mother. When does the selfishness stop?!

3
User Profile: turquoiseGrapes5391
turquoiseGrapes5391 May 11th, 2022

Not all moms are good moms. Not all moms are motherly. Some mothers are toxic and it is better for your mental health to let them go. Our society's "but she's your mom" mentality is damaging.

User Profile: gss3006
gss3006 June 2nd, 2022

i think my mum is also selfish. She was part of the cause for my dad recent fall. That resulted in him not able to live normally and take care of himself. But my mum refuse to employ a maid reason being she can’t stand a stranger in her house. Ends up everyone have to cater to her needs and spoil everyone’s plan.


I just had to think and do what’s right. We have to start living for ourselves.

User Profile: malkeaton
malkeaton June 6th, 2022

I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Are you able to distance yourself?