Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Toxic household

User Profile: dannybear123
dannybear123 July 14th, 2021

Hi! I am new to this app and would like some help. I am currently extremely unhappy with my home life and feel so trapped and alone. My parents both favor my younger sister and they seem to hate me. My sister likes to make fun of me and say things about me in front of people to try and embarrass me. She calls me names and makes me feel bad about myself. When I tell my parents, they don’t care. They say that “I am “confrontational” and “always looking to fight”. They are always making attacks at me, and it really impacts the way I feel about myself. There is such a difference in the way that I am treated compared to my sister and whenever I try to talk about it I’m insulted or shut down. They always tell me that I am the problem, that it is so nice when I am not home. It makes me sad because for years I have been manipulated into believing that I am the reason problems arise in my household. I’m starting to feel like I’m a bad person and starting to feel hopeless.

2
User Profile: vesperings
vesperings July 14th, 2021

I can relate to you so much! My family is like that too and i never feel safe even in my house. All i want to say is that im here for you. You are not a bad person. You have the rights to be selfish. Listen, Whatever your parents tell you, don't listen to them because you know they're wrong. Don't treat them like a victim when youre the real victim here. Cheer up okay?

User Profile: dannybear123
dannybear123 OP July 15th, 2021

Thank you, your kind words and advice mean alot<3

load more