Toxic household
Hello, I'm around 24 and I've been experiencing this horrific behavior since forever from my mother and elder sister. They would treat me like an outcast more so ever now, since I lived away from home for a few years now (academic related). I've finally returned for good and it's been a few months now and I can't handle living with them, they're literally breathing down my neck. Always after me about every tiny thing, like why is this like that, 'you're just badluck for us', 'why don't you leave' and so on. My mother always supports the elder sister and has never ever looked at what I'm going through. Since I'm still financially dependent on them, they just don't let me have a say in anything at home and never fail in reminding me about it. I've been emotionally independent since a long time, I so want to leave this place and finally be financially independent too. I'm just in a dilemma If I should just leave without saying anything and start any job. Cause they are the ones who paid for my education and it was alot and if I don't pursue that field then they'll again be after me with that. I know this is really venting but I've needed this for too long now
@musicalsoul791 I understand that feeling of being dependent on family also being the youngest. I will say that it was hard to break free of that dependence especially because after I graduated there were not a lot of jobs in the field I went to school for. I would say that if I did not push myself to get a job even though it was not what I wanted it did help me grow a lot. I still have some growing to do but now years later I have finally got into a profession that I love. It is hard for family to understand sometimes especially if you are the youngest in my opinion, that they need to trust you to do things on your own. You can always be grateful to them for paying for your schooling and support, but you are not in debt to them. They will still love you but it is ok for you to get out in the world and try a new job and meet new people. This will also help you with distance. Also remember that just because you aren’t currently able to pursue your field it does not mean you won’t be able to in the future.
@musicalsoul791 Of course! Anytime!