Toxic mom
My mom is seriously the most negative toxic person in my
life! Im literally sitting here and she has complained for 4 hours NON-stop, drinking! Literally says things purposely to me to attack me and even when I don’t say nothing back she keeps going. Mailing comments about my future(which I am honestly not even doing bad) I just got a new career, which was a goal Of mine. I literally moved back home getting out of a relationship, which I thought would be a good idea. But the drama she is bringing me is just ridiculous! I don’t even do anything! She needs help and I have no idea what to do. She asks me questions to escalate problems, and when I answer her she continues repeating the question, like I don’t even know what to say. Honestly I am really over her, makes me think of why I never wanted to live back with her in the first place!
@sunnyBalloon5733 It's hard when the whole reason we need help/therapy is because a person close to us won't seek help/therapy. I'll be following this thread to see if anyone has any tips, but for now: what coping mechanisms do you have? If you keep to yourself/your own room with headphones on, does she still bother you? Does your door have a lock maybe or could you get one?
@sunnyBalloon5733
This is exactly like my mother minus the drinking, my whole life I had anxiety and didn't know why until I went away and my anxiety went away. I moved back in for a couple of weeks to look for a job in 2019 and got so sick from exhaustion I almost died. These types of people will literally never change. I bet she made your childhood hell too.
My wife is this. We are separated now. She will be nice, then find anything to start a fight, about nothing. To make me guilty. The only way for me to fix this was to step away from it and ignore her completely. I don't understand why she feels she can talk to me the way she does.
@justMatthew11 Sounds just like my ex too, it's a horrible situation to be in living in all that tension.