Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Upset at my sister today

User Profile: fearlessNickel4472
fearlessNickel4472 March 18th, 2021

It has been important to me the last several years to work to repair my relationship with my sister and am I expecting too much? Because it seems a common theme is that I'm betrayed by my family. How do I make healthy changes and or boundaries or expectations so that I can protect myself in a healthy manner without being taken advantage of, lied to, stolen from, etc.?

2
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws March 19th, 2021

@fearlessNickel4472

I'm sorry your sister has been upsetting you. I applaud your efforts to try to have a healthy relationship with her while maintaing your boundaries. We have a growth path about setting boundaries. You can find it here: Setting Family Boundaries | Community Paths | 7Cups of Tea. What do you feel is the most important boundary you need to set with her? Why is that boundary you've chosen an important one fr this relationship?

User Profile: fearlessNickel4472
fearlessNickel4472 OP March 21st, 2021

Hi there, thanks for this message that I'm just reading now. 🤗 The most important boundary I'd like to set with her would be for her to respect my free will. That is important to me because so many other things are missing that that is where I'm drawing the line and if she can respect the boundary I've made to respect my free will then perhaps we can move on to other important areas to work on like acknowledging me, showing interest in my happiness and well-being, being happy for me whether it benefits her or not. Thanks again. ✝️❤

load more