Very frustration being a teen
I live in a very weird house, 3 siblings and not alot of room (an rv). I just cant stand being around my family for long term, they get so worked up and are always so negative. I feel like i cant be my self around them and am embarrassed to Express the things I love, god forbid if its not extra manly. I was 4 when we went to the rv, when i was 12 years we started karate with other people, before this i didnt really see or talk to anyone out side my family especially people my age(still dont). Well the years passes and 1.5 years ago i started getting very close to this 35 year old women who goes to class (like a pretend mom/ best friend) and i try to go over to her house every Saturday but more like every other Saturday, and they hate this. They hate it when i talk about her, i am 17 and want to see people and do things but i get all these comments about it. I do alot of hobbys and am very tamed, i am a B student (somtimes As and a C or two) and very mature and well behaved, i have one real friend and dont talk to anyone close to my age. I just want to be treated like my older brother at my age or atleast not compared to him everytime i get a B or am behind in my school. If it wasnt for me becoming close to this lady i probably would have (edited for content) become so unbearable (edited for content), yet god gave me what i needed when i wasnt expecting it. And dont worry about me i am in a much better place, i am getting my life in order and being taught how to be happy no matter what. I think i realize that i am officially no longer a mess (how nice it feels). I am writing this just to get the air out, thank you for your time.
(Edited for content by peaceloveandpaws)
@intelligentGrapes2824
It sounds like living in such close quarters with your family with little social activity has been really stressful and frustrating for you. I imagine it hurts to be negatively compared to your brother. I can understand how that feels. Reading your post, it seems like you have found friendhip with the lady in your karate class and I'm happy to hear it is a supppotive friendship. Having support is a wonderful thing. Are there any other opportunities to meet people your parents would find appropriate? Perhaps a part time job or enrolling in another class you feel passionate about where you might find more friends that are supportive of you? Having a good support system is so helpful for all of us.