Expectations or bad company?
Hi, I’m having issues with all my loved ones(it seems). Mr lost his job in 2022. He’s tried a few things since then as the industry we were in has taken a massive hit. Everything he’s tried has hit a roadblock… and he’s running out of ideas of what to do next. Financial support means dipping into savings even more than before. That had a job till 2024 and then I was made redundant too and we are both close to mid 40s
we are staying at my mums house. We became parents in 2025 and I can’t help think how we are paying for our LOs education and support her without enough funds.
Generally my husbands nature is quite dry n boring (imo). We have no intimacy (not just sexual but even in our wave length) left n not because we are new parents. Even generally. He can’t think of fun things to do ever.
I have lost patience, possibly respect n love in this relationship and built resentment because of certain decisions he taken which has us both stuck! I feel he’s unable to keep his word about anything he commits to. I have initiated living separately but he refuses to leave (somewhere I rather he doesn’t leave as he does support me to bring up this child)
I do feel unseen n unheard by him and that can be the tiniest of things to milestone moments in life.
I live with my mum and siblings after our baby arrived. They were thrilled because our little one is the only child between me & my two siblings. However, after I moved in, they never offered any help or structured support as I adjusted to motherhood. Of course, the sleepless nights and perimenopause didn’t make things any easier.
@crimsonClementine1291
I understand the expectations for your husband to do more and I'm sorry you don't feel the same for him anymore.
You are going through alot right now 💛
Being a new mum.
Peri menopause.
Emotions all over the place 💛
All living on top of each other.
I do see why you would think your family should help out more, maybe you need to communicate this.
Sometimes siblings just feel like we have our own lives to live 💛