Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

married to narcissist

User Profile: practicalBranch9700
practicalBranch9700 June 1st, 2018

Hi,

I am in a dilemma, I am currently married to a narcissist. His emigrated overseas with my daughter. My son and I was meant to join 2 months later. i stayed to complete my exam and sell the household goods. The reason why i let my husband take my daughter was so she could settle in her new school and start learning the new language. I honestly thought this man had changed. Unfortunately, he has been verbally abusive over the phone. I have encountered abuse from him before. I thought that moving to another country and starting fresh would be great start. I started to experience anxiety and nightmares of living with this man in another country with no family support. I told him about this and that I wanted him and my daughter to come back. He didnt acknowledge it and refuses to come back. He has a new home and enrolled my daughter in a new school.

My question is what do I do? Do I go to this country and set myself up their so that I am close to my daughter. Or stay here close to my family and try to get my daughter back? The procedure can take a long time. Please help.

2
User Profile: brilliantPeace1123
brilliantPeace1123 June 3rd, 2018

@practicalBranch9700 either way you go it's going to be difficult. It depends on the country and what their laws are. Are you able to talk to your daughter?

At the end of the day you must decide what is best for you and your children. I would also tell you to reach out to the State Department, if you are in the United States, and they will be able to give you information on what you may need to do if you choose to fight for your daughter from here.

User Profile: inflow
inflow February 11th, 2023

@practicalBranch9700

Are you still here? What happened?