Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have friends but I lack the ability to connect to them.

User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 October 29th, 2023

I have friends and I got reunited with my old bestfriend. Yet I lack the ability to connect to them and I feel like they are strangers rather than friends or someone close to my heart.

6
User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday October 31st, 2023

@meowcat1216

I only have one friend that i even feel like they are a friend anymore. All the rest forgot about me when my life got hard and i was no longer fun to be around. 

User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 OP October 31st, 2023

Same here :( , I hope you will find true friends one day.

User Profile: sympatheticCoconut5552
sympatheticCoconut5552 November 1st, 2023

It’s hard to find quality friends. But one thing that helped me find my quality friends was deciding I was going to be 100% myself. By always showing up as myself I found friends that accepted me the way I was regardless of my mood since I was genuine and authentic with them. I know that doesn’t help necessarily make friends but it helps turn strangers and acquaintances into friends. Don’t be afraid to be yourself

3 replies
User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 OP November 1st, 2023

@sympatheticCoconut5552 That's the problem , I have difficulties being authentic and myself even though I know they would accept me T_T .

2 replies
User Profile: sympatheticCoconut5552
sympatheticCoconut5552 November 1st, 2023

Are you authentic with yourself ? Like when you’re alone ? I think that is also a big step in being able to be authentic around others and feel comfortable doing it.

1 reply
User Profile: meowcat1216
meowcat1216 OP November 1st, 2023

@sympatheticCoconut5552 Ahhh... Sadly, I am not authentic to even myself . I keep pretending to not feel anything and ignore myself.

load more
load more
load more