Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Today I dropped my childhood best friend

User Profile: potatodog41
potatodog41 October 22nd, 2023

I wanted to come on here and share what I had to do today


So backtrack real quick my best friend star and I grew up together I moved away a couple years ago but we still talked on the phone every day eventually I got VR and I ghosted her for a few months (3 months) but when we started talking more again I apologize multiple times and I gave her space and I let her yell at me all she wanted and eventually we were good again she always has this habit of shutting me down whenever I talk about something she doesn't like


Example if I talk about a movie or a game or a person she doesn't like she tells me (no we're not talking about that I don't want to talk about it) and she'll say it over and over and if I don't do what she wants she hangs up and doesn't pick up for at least 3 days

So this is months after the VR thing but I still have some friends from there and she doesn't want me to talk about them or meet them I said I wasn't going to push her so I just let it be but then she also wanted me to be friends with her friend then got mad when I didn't like her friend


And I deal with mental health and since she's been my best friend since childhood I would vent to her about things but every time I vent to her all I can hear is her keyboard and she doesn't even acknowledge me sometimes she even asked me to repeat what I said because she obviously wasn't listening


Well 1 and half weeks ago a guy at work asked for my number I gave it to him and I told her about it I had gotten in trouble previously about giving my number but the circumstances were different but she didn't care she was mad that I gave I got my number and then cut me off and shut me down again this time I decided I wasn't going to let slide and I was going to say how she's upsetting me and I asked for space she went on a thing saying how she's tired of hearing me complaining and *** about things and that I can go find a new best friend I made it very clear to her that I didn't want to stop being friends I just wanted space because this isn't the first time she's hurt me so I didn't talk to her I thought she was sitting that I wanted her to realize that she was hurting me and I wanted her to think about it but I found out today that she's just been going around telling everybody that we're not friends anymore saying that I don't listen to her when in fact I have been doing everything for her


So I blocked her cuz ik I'll always love her and I'll miss her but I need to but me first

5
User Profile: RedStar01
RedStar01 October 22nd, 2023

@potatodog41

Interesting story ... your writing shows potential. You just want to try and make the level a bit more mature with greater insight into things like emotional controll, critical observation, objective assessment and self-exploration from an applied psychological perspective ... want to try that?

3 replies
User Profile: potatodog41
potatodog41 OP October 22nd, 2023

This actually happened it's not a story

2 replies
User Profile: RedStar01
RedStar01 October 22nd, 2023

@potatodog41

Your story is based on what went through your mind and that's how you think and reflect on it.

What I'm saying - I hope you can understand me, you can do a bit better in the way you think, relate to others and express yourself in your writing ... do you agree?

1 reply
User Profile: potatodog41
potatodog41 OP October 23rd, 2023

No my friend really did this and I actually had to drop her because this is what she actually does it's not in my mind it's true

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: unknowncutie
unknowncutie October 23rd, 2023

I'm sorry that this happened to you. You don't need toxic people like that in your life. Hopefully she works on herself and becomes a better person