If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in only three words?
I had two thoughts. 1) Words can hurt. 2) Try your best.
What would your note say? 
You were right.
Don't trust him.
He will stop
You were right all along... All that trusting and giving people a chance believing they were good... Yes, it did turn you in to an old cynical man with trust issues and a hard time loving anyone... Well done you idiot... I'm going back to my car, it doesn't stab me in the back.
You'll be fine.
Give life chances
Guess what? You know those hugs you love? You will end up resenting them... And then you will get a girlfriend who loves hugs, you can't win.
Smile... Once more?
Tell them. Holding it all in hurts worse. Don't touch that blade I know you thought you could control it but you won't be able to. Stop worry about yourweight. Don't let them hurt you. I'm sorry we are the way we are now because of me.
You'll be okay