need help for "scapegoat child" / golden child family (i'm an adult)
hi i'm looking for a listner that is comfortable talking about an ongoing situation with my family where i'm being bullied. i'm not able to leave due to other obligations. i know this might be triggering to some so please be comfortable with that, i dont want to find a "fixer" of my problems. i've been told that i'm a "scapegoat child" where my sibling is treated as the golden child and i'm the one who gets bullied or blamed a lot. its not an official diagnosis but i think its the best "label" for me.
i struggle with self confidence, apathy, depression, self harm/self punishment. it all depends on whats going on and how i choose to process it. i dont expect you to solve all my problems i just want to vent and have a friend i can reach out to sometimes. i promise i wont JUST complain :). i'm female in my 20s, and i'm looking for a male or female listener of any age, preferably from the US and close to the pacific time zone. thank you <3
@gregariousPenny8375
sorry i meant to post this is member classifieds. if a mod can move it for me that would be great, or i can put a new post there.
I have been absent from 7 cups for about 6 months until tonight. Last spring I was finally diagnosed properly for the first time in my life as Complex PTSD and also fit the “label “ as the Family Scapegoat. I am a veteran and have PTSD as well.
since my diagnosis, I feel as though I can finally pinpoint my healing process and navigate properly. I still struggle almost daily but I am able to reflect and grasp on the warning signs and symptoms of the trauma. This includes the family scapegoat.
I discovered a number of YouTube channels which zone in on our FSA and complex PTSD ( not sure you have that)
These have helped tremendously on my personal journey.
Recently, I have severed ties with various family members and even friends who have abusive tendencies. I know it doesn’t sound healthy but at this stage of my life, I am living my life for ME…NOT those who claimed to be friends or family.
I realized that I am worthy. I am NOT the horrendous names and blames from them. I understand and relate to what you’re enduring and the plausible situation you’re in. I am 50 and I remember my’20”s all too well. I only WISH the term Family Scapegoat and meaning was coined and embraced back then. Sure would’ve saved me loads of heartache, Kleenex, pain and suffering.
I hope some of this helps. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You’re stronger than they give you credit for.
I hope they derive a support group for Family Scapegoats and Complex PTSD.