Fiance had affair with dying father. No idea how to grieve or heal. Feels like ground hog day everyday . Emotionally frozen and disconnected .
Self explanatory .....not really sure what I'm doing in this site or forum or what it even consists of ... I was in a very serious what I thought to be final relationship with someone I presumed I would be marrying.... We were set to anyway. Eventually learned my entire family.hid the fact she had been having a sexual affair with my father ... My wealthy father. My prostate cancer not healthy father. My former best friend (father) my boss .. etc. I am unequivocally damaged and feel like I can't catch my breath most days .. just sharing. Still she'll.shocked I'm even on here or sharing this ...
All hope feels gone..(not suicidal ) just numb
@EyeslessSparrow
Wow,
🥺
That's alot.
Such betrayal on both sides.
I cannot imagine what you are feeling and how begin to move on from this. You deserve so much better. Their selfishness and deceit is cruel and beggars belief. You need time and space to heal and see where you go from this, genuinely wishing you the best 💜💕
@EyeslessSparrow
I can imagine feeling shell shocked, not only because of the deception, but also that your family went along with it. I'm glad you came here to share your grief because it gives others an opportunity to at the very least to express their support and let you know that you have every reason to feel as you do.
Feeling numb is a protective mental response, yet it hasn't kept you from feeling loss of hope. Is it okay if I feel hope on your behalf?
@EyeslessSparrow
hi. I hope you feel some sense of community here knowing a lot of us are also dealing with pain we never expected could or would happen to us in our lifetime.I hope you find hope again and peace. And I hope you know you can come out stronger and conquer this.