Good and bad habits: what would you like to change?
hello my lovely community!
our topic for this discussion is habits! would love to hear your answers.
What is one bad habit that you would like to break out of?
What is one good habit that you would like to adopt and why?
@fluffyunicorns84

@AveryLove Awesome post, im interested in what would your answers be? !
What is one bad habit that you would like to break out of?
- Allowing myself to go back to sleep when I wake up, I really need to get a decent sleep routine again ha
What is one good habit that you would like to adopt and why?
- It is one that I use to have, that I lost along the way greiving for my old dog. However I would like to make it that I went a challenging walk each day and took my dogs with me.
@fluffyUnicorns84 thank you for your kind words and for sharing your answers! ok ok, as you asked, here are mine:
What is one bad habit that you would like to break out of?
i would like to break out of my habit to be on my phone and social media! The time i spend on there could be used somewhere more effectively.
What is one good habit that you would like to adopt and why?
i would like to read more! i would like to expand my knowledge and i know that reading is really healthy for your brain and soul to calm down.
@AveryLove
I want to rely less on my phone and start waking up earlier
@AveryLove
What is one bad habit that you would like to break out of? So I have a bad habit with "tunnel vision". My husband actually brought this to my attention! He said I should be more aware of my surroundings and get my head out of the clouds! And I think he may be right! So I am working on paying more attention to the outside world!
What is one good habit that you would like to adopt and why? A good habit that I recently adopted was taking 5-HTP tablets, which is also known as seratonin (a natural chemical produced by the body that regulates mood and sleep)! It is suppoesed to be a good bedtime habit so I've been trying it!
One thing I'm working on changing, have been for a while, is getting up every morning and giving one room in my house a decent clean.
I find if I do this every single day, my house stays fairly clean and I rarely have to do all that endless deep cleaning I see so many people complaining about.
it's also nice because it means I don't immediately get up, go hunting for coffee, and sack out in front of my computer and waste braincells on social media.
I get up, stumble around a bit, use the toilet, fire up the coffee maker, and then go collect any laundry that needs doing and dishes that need cleaning. I drop the dishes in the sink, the clothes in the washer, and then gather up any mops/rags/brooms I need for the room I want to clean.
I did my bedroom this morning, took me 15 minutes. Made up my bed real nice, dusted and wiped down all surfaces with a damp cloth, moved a couple things around, cleaned the windows, and mopped the floor. Other rooms take more time, but in general I aim to get done with in 30 minutes.
I wash my dishes and do my laundry through out the day and night. I hate going to bed with dirty dishes and dirty counters in the kitchen. I like to do a quick wash up in there and at least make sure my kitchen doesn't have food festering away in there.
But doing this every single morning, which I'm not perfect at by a long shot, generally means I spend a couple hours a week cleaning. Which for me is ideal, anymore and it feels annoying versus just something to do every morning to work the kinks out of my body from laying in bed all night.
My bad habit, staying consistent with my diet. Reallly need to work on that much harder and get much more consistent with it. It's a process etc. etc. etc.
anyhow, yall have a nice day, cheers.
What is one bad habit that you would like to break out of?
Binge watching😅
What is one good habit that you would like to adopt and why?
I'd like to get used to organizing my time, because it helps get things done. and feel good about it.
One habit that I'd like to break out of is being on my phone for too long, especially in the morning. I feel like it sets me on a meh mood that I'm then doomed with for the rest of the day, and that doesn't help my fatigue, irritability and states of brain fog. I use my phone mostly to distract myself from unpleasant emotions (particularly sadness and loneliness) and manage some others (especially anxiety).
One habit that I'd like to adopt again is doing yoga every two days. It helped me feel centered and more grateful when I did. I plan on trying to start tomorrow, hopefully I can make it to at least two times a week for a start.
The bad habit I would like to break out of is reading books and watching movies or serials or cutting myself or sinking into endless thoughts ,whenever things go south.I know almost exactly what is killing me but i want to escaPe it rather than tackle it.Sorry.
A good habit I would like to imbibe would be to be able to have Positive and encouraging thoughts and actions, when I fail instead of going into the above mentioned trance.My friend says it would be better if i were a bit more laid back but I dont know how to do that when im with myself and my oh so dear brain.i have no idea what im writing its 1am here.lots of love and cookies
I'd like to stop smoking
I'd like to get on a regular sleep pattern