Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to say "No"

User Profile: zealousGrace5023
zealousGrace5023 November 25th, 2021

At some point of our lives, we've all struggled saying "no" to something. Whether it's doing someone a favour or going out on a date or listening to someone else's issues. The list goes on.

Here's some ways you can say "no" so you can maintain your boundaries

  • Just say “no.” No wavering. No second-guessing. Just no.
  • “I won’t be able to make it; I have another commitment.”
  • “Thank you, I’m not able to take that on right now.”
  • “Thanks for thinking of me, but I have to say no.”
  • “Let me think about it and I will get back to you.”
  • "I'm sorry but I can't help you at this moment"
  • "I want to be there for you, but at this moment my emotions don't allow me to be truly there and helpful without jeopardising my headspace"


What are some ways you say/can say no to honour your boundaries?

2
User Profile: halcyonCloud2036
halcyonCloud2036 November 25th, 2021

@zealousGrace5023

LOVE this! Saying no is so empowering. If we don't do it for ourselves, no one else will.

I try to remember that I have the right to refuse something that is uncomfortable, inconvenient or just not what I want to do.

User Profile: zealousGrace5023
zealousGrace5023 OP November 26th, 2021

@halcyonCloud2036 Yes exactly! I'm glad you enjoyed the post

load more