Cerasee Herb
So my background Jamaican. My father makes fun of my, jokingly, at times for not being so “cultured” because I grew up in North America my whole life. He tries to put me on to these really weird name herbs for cleanses. This is something my father and I bond a lot on. Cooking and sharing new foods and recipes. There’s this new herb he has put me on, and not new in the sense that it just came about new as in him now mentioning to me, and it’s health benefits are out of this world. It’s called Cerasee. It comes with yellow little fruits, and the plant (which is the cerasee herb), is what he uses as a tea or just something to blend up. It’s used as an anti-dioxane and cold and flu remedy. It is not the best in taste, in fact it’s pretty bitter. But if you are someone who doesn’t take your tea with any sweeteners this may be for you. He usually takes a few pegs of the leaves and adds a small cup of orange juice to it and one peg of garlic, boils it then drink it like that. You can put a tablespoon of honey, which is good for the throat, but nothing else. If you don’t like it hot, you can blend it up, put your orange juice and tablespoon of honey, no garlic and drink it like so.
Edited by Asher, 9/30/21
@Onlyonefollower, thank you for sharing. I looked more info on Cerasee and was truly surprised as it's a famous vegetable in most part of Asia. I personaly cook this vegetable once a week. I have never tried it as a tea but I have heard from friends how they mix this vegetable with some fruits to make a Detox juice. By the way , Cerasee is known as bitter gourd in Asia. We have a 2 to 3 varieties.