Changes in lifestyle due to living at home
Hi, everyone. I live alone, so I eat well normally. I used to eat sautéed veggies for dinner at least four times a week, and I would eat sprouts or Chickpea salad and so on every other day. I used to eat a good helping of fruits also.
However, I have to stay with my family because of the current situation. Here, they eat really unhealthy food. They use oil and sugar and salt very liberally in all their meals, plus the diet is so carb heavy. I have been trying to eat healthy here, but I can only make minor changes. It is still very different from how I used to, originally.
Besides this, I stay at home all day and my appetite has also increased. I always eat something at night also, since I get really hungry because I stay up late.
I used to be very active also, but here I am not able to work out as much because there is no equipment plus it is very hot.
I think, for now, I have made my peace with the fact that I will have to live like this as long as I'm here. And I will get back on track when the pandemic ends. Maybe a year from now, or whenever. It has been a month and I have put on some weight, I'm sure. I can see some fat around my belly and in my hips. I was 5'5 and 118 lbs before I got home. I am not measuring my weight anymore.
I am just trying to not be sedentary, walking 15k steps a day and doing some yoga every evening to stay as healthy as I can.
@Incendium07 , The lockdown has in many ways changed our habits and lifestyle but like you have said ,.. there is after the lockdown. We can try to make healthy changes to our life again. I am glad you are so aware of it plus it's great to know you are still having a simple routine to keep yourself active. Maybe you could replace some of your midnight snacking with nice warm cups of tea .