Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is root canal painful?

User Profile: AlfredTempleton
AlfredTempleton June 12th, 2019

I had the flu two weeks back and fainted hitting my face on the floor. It looked like I'd been boxing! My front tooth felt quite sore. I was careful with it once I started to eat again. It's much better now, doesn't look any different but just feels a little different, therefore off to the dentist today in Brampton. The x-ray looked ok but the ice cold spray had no effect on the said tooth so dentist says it's dying. And told me to return in 2/3 months for the root canal treatment [link removed by AffyAvo] unless it discolors comes loose or is painful.
The home hairdresser came afterward, told her my sorry tale and she's had it done and says it was very painful!
Anyone here with any advice?

4
User Profile: pluckyWillow6562
pluckyWillow6562 June 12th, 2019

Hi @AlfredTempleton

I've had two root canals and while they certainly weren't pleasant, they also weren't as painful as you would think. They give you numbing shots so it shouldn't feel too bad. Mine were both infected so they did hurt some in spite of the shots. Make sure you have soft food at home as it's likely you won't want to be crunching away on anything hard right afterward. : )

User Profile: AlfredTempleton
AlfredTempleton OP June 13th, 2019

@pluckyWillow6562 Hoping to stay away with pain :)

load more