Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Nature lovers, post up you photos!

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 26th, 2025

A place to share our love for nature, plants, flowers, animals


@peachThinker662


20230723-111914_1756217576.jpg

Not sure why this picture is sideways??

20231028-150753_1756217683.jpg

pxl-20250530-204800569_1756217802.jpg

289
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 3rd, 2025

Praying Mantis, Shot this morning as I was walking into work.

Did you know, they are the one bug that you can actually se their eyes follow you as you move around them.

mantis_1756919926.jpg

5 replies
User Profile: Xennial00
Xennial00 September 5th, 2025

@braindamag3 wow, so close up and well photographed. did you know that when they're that brownish colour instead of green they've just molted and are extremely exhausted and docile? They make a good subject for photos and art at this time because they'll stay very still! 😊

4 replies
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 5th, 2025

@deadXennial

Thanks, did you know 😁 that there are over 2400 different species of mantis? They date back to the Stone age and originated from Brazil?

3 replies
User Profile: peachThinker662
peachThinker662 September 5th, 2025

@braindamag3

 the female also eats the male after mating 😂🤣… it helps produce more eggs 

1 reply
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 5th, 2025

@peachThinker662

That's a given 😜☺️

load more
User Profile: Xennial00
Xennial00 September 7th, 2025

@braindamag3 I've seen many nature shows and have trauma so I'm not sure if I knew all that 😁 could be in the information files in my mental basement haha!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 September 3rd, 2025

@braindamag3

I like this sun shining through the autumn tree very much 💓 

It made me decide to sheepishly share with you just a handful of my nature shots ☀️ 

p1080101_1756922135.jpg

p1070590_1756922172.jpg

p1090870_1756922207.jpg

4 replies
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 3rd, 2025

@jacek73

Nice pictures 👍


That tree is now almost doubled in size. It is a Kentucky Coffee Bean Tree expected to top 100 ft in height.

User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul September 5th, 2025

@jacek73 That butterfly is amazing! 

2 replies
User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 September 5th, 2025

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you! I like photographing butterflies because they are so full of colour shades and textures. And they symbolise the soul's travel through the earthly life... Unfortunately, either I am travelling less now, or there are fewer and fewer of them every year...

1 reply
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul September 5th, 2025

@jacek73 You're welcome! I have heard that their numbers are declining, which is such a shame because they're such beautiful helpful little creatures. 

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 4th, 2025

Field of poppies.

One of my neighbours has his whole front garden just full of poppies.

20220703-143323_1757000742.jpg

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 5th, 2025

Camping in an area that's considered "Dark Sky"

img-20250822-wa0000_1757072463.jpg

img-20250822-wa0015_1757072477.jpg

img-20250822-wa0017_1757072492.jpg

img-20250822-wa0018_1757072504.jpg

1 reply
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul September 5th, 2025

@braindamag3 These are beautiful! Love the thread too! 

load more
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 5th, 2025

OMG, dark sky is gorgeous ð¤©

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 5th, 2025

This is the shell of a Cicada, mountain climbing in my front yard 😉

pxl-20250824-175447427_1757094760.jpg

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 5th, 2025

Plant sitting for a neighbour who has been in Poland for the past 3 weeks.

Her Hibiscus are just loving the sun in my yard.

pxl-20250905-124221636_1757094896.jpg


pxl-20250905-124202503_1757094907.jpg

2 replies
User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 September 6th, 2025

@braindamag3

I hope your friend likes it here in Poland 👍 I think we might have several things to improve, but still we have many more things to be really happy with (like usually unrestricted access to most of the nature, like woods or riversides).

Sometimes a glitch in your phone camera may bring quite impressionistic output:

img-20210610-073314-073-2_1757137999.jpg

1 reply
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 6th, 2025

@jacek73

nice photo 😃

she is there with her boyfriend, his father lives there and is 90 something. It looks like a beautiful place to visit from the sketches they do if different places 

load more
load more
User Profile: peachThinker662
peachThinker662 September 5th, 2025

img-6639_1757097100.jpegimg-6636_1757097123.jpegimg-6623_1757097141.jpeg

3 replies
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 5th, 2025

@peachThinker662

Cool, almost did not see the little bumble bee. 😃


Neat frog

1 reply
User Profile: peachThinker662
peachThinker662 September 5th, 2025

For some reason I like chasing the bees hahaha they’re so cute!!

load more
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 September 6th, 2025

Froggieeeeeee frog 🐸

Rrrribbbitttttt

🤣

load more
User Profile: Eternallotus10
Eternallotus10 September 6th, 2025

@braindamag3 lakshmi the grace and Vishnu the presever 🌺 I love lotus flowers 

1 reply
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 6th, 2025

@Eternallotus1

Thanks, I have always been interested in the lotus as well. I’m sure I have more buried on my phone or camera 

load more
User Profile: scarletBalsam388
scarletBalsam388 September 6th, 2025

@braindamag3 1000020859_1757160740.jpg

3 replies
User Profile: scarletBalsam388
scarletBalsam388 September 6th, 2025

@scarletBalsam388 1000002094_1757160849.jpg

2 replies
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP September 6th, 2025

@scarletBalsam388

nice photos 👍

1 reply
User Profile: scarletBalsam388
scarletBalsam388 September 6th, 2025

@braindamag3 

Just clicked it , the moon looked so pretty 1000020982_1757166608.jpg

load more
load more
load more