Anyone else try to force themselves to like sex?
Like a form of self inflicted conversation therapy, I tried for so long to make it happen. I've heard this isn't entirely uncommon, but I haven't actually talked to anyone else who did it too.
I can say this for sure. I wasn't asexual because of past trauma. But trying to make myself not be asexual gave me a lot of trauma to deal with after the fact.
I'm having a really hard time because I'm not sure if I'm asexual and I'm trying to enjoy sex, which isn't going that well so far.
I'm scared of it being true because I have no clue about what to do then, I just don't know anything right now but yes I'm trying to like it so I thought it might be interesting to you
i think its ok, are u a male or female
@Therosesarerednow Going through this right now. I identify as gray-ace, for full-disclosure, because there have been some moments I really think I was sexually attracted. But feeling pressure to learn to like sex in order to save your current relationship is hella stressful. Especially when it's a physically painful process, like it is for me. I started dating this allosexual person because I liked the idea of liking sex, and because I thought I would like it with the right partner. Its now months later, and I just feel like giving up. Idk what to do though, because this person is an amazing partner, and I don't want to lose them. I just don't know how much longer I can keep trying to make sex work for me
I am in a similar situation. I love my partner but i don't like sex and i don't want it. I don't want to lose them by telling them i don't want to be physical with them.
It is important to have freedom to be who you really are. And to feel safe in your family.
People who love you should love you because of YOU, not because of sex.
it is possible to find romantic love without sex. I’ve been married for 12 years!
I am an “all card on table” kind of person. For my husband I gave him full disclosure of the situation on our 1st date. It took some adjustments and “getting used to it “ in the beginning. But it works FOR US.
Now we are already making plans to grow old together, planning our retirement home, a cruise on Brazilian coast, yoga classes for seniors, traditional acupuncture certification course, and other trips.
I understand him with just a look, he is the one I look for when I feel lost (PTSD stuff) he is my North. When he have anxiety I am his “safety blanquette”. We have the longest conversations about the most frivolous things at 3am.
I’m a designer (that’s my full time job) but I’ve also finished nursing school to take care of him because he constantly passes out due to a health condition. He couldn’t imagine his life without me… I wouldn’t dare to live without him.
This is happiness for me.
Romantic or aromatic… sexual or asexual… Everybody deserves to find happiness in their own way. I really hope you find yours, if you haven’t already find it 🥰❤️🙏
I'm not sex-repulsed per se. I used to enjoy sex and even a few kink. Despite PTSD due to sexual trauma. I've had lots of orgasms bc my bf is very attentive.
But when I started taking medication that stopped my libido completely I just felt SO relieved! I realised then that I endured sex more than I enjoyed. Which seems weird in a way, because how can you have orgasm and dislike sex in the same time? Well that's how it is for me.
So it took me a long time to realise that I was better off sex altogether.
My bf wasn't happy, but he loves me enough to stay with me faithfully.
It's all about choices and honesty and communication.
And please don't ever force yourself to have sex if you don't really want to, it'll just traumatise you
I used to be on dating apps and I went on a first date with a guy to fit in but the truth was I wasn’t into him and so I didn’t go on the second date. As coming out being asexual I have to say it is nice to accept myself for who I am and to move on and I’m just glad that I will never get married or have a relationship because I don’t have to experience heartbreak 💔