Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Confused about my sexuality

User Profile: grayOwl035
grayOwl035 June 12th, 2021

Hi guys! I am confused about my sexuality, so I thought I'd get some clarity on it (being Pride month).

I always thought I didn't like sex due to some incidents in my life. Now, that I've had time to process those, I am still not comfortable with the thought of it. Ever since I learned about asexuality and demisexuality, I always thought that might be the case, but I would like to know. For context, I am 23yo, female and single. I am celibate and will be so until my marriage. I do self-gratification but I don't have any mental images of anyone. It usually is out of boredom or feeling numb and even when I do, it is more like a rush of feelings for a few minutes and then, I go on and about with my work. I occasionally read smut and do feel something but I can't imagine doing something in the future (except with my future husband). I do have male celebrity crushes and the most I can imagine with them, is cuddling, comforting and snuggling. Even if I try to imagine something sexual, my mind draws a complete blank. I always thought I couldn't because I haven't done anything and thus, having nothing to imagine. I don't watch porn and probably never will. The sight of porn makes me very squeamish and uncomfortable.
But I do want parenthood and children (though the thought of adoption as a single parent has crossed my mind). I can imagine myself being attracted to my future husband and being intimate with them but that would be probably be it. I don't understand the appeal of anything else. For me, the most romantic thing would be snuggling and spooning and not sex.
I think I might fall under the gray-ace side, but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated :)

1