Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I've recently hit a wall and i struggle to move around it

User Profile: WhoamI97
WhoamI97 July 29th, 2025

I've kinda hit a wall lately. In life. In general.

It started when I began caring — really caring — about what’s going on around me and around the world. And ever since then, everything’s just felt heavier. Like I'm seeing too much. Thinking too much. And not really sure what to do with any of it.

Somewhere in all of that, I started getting this weird, bitter feeling toward the way society works. Toward all the rules we never really agreed to, especially the ones that quietly push people out just for being different — whether it's their beliefs, their background, how they identify… whatever.

One thing that keeps bouncing around in my head is gender. The whole “man or woman, pick one and stick to it” thing. I’ve never really felt like a man. But I don’t know why. I’ve tried to figure it out, but nothing ever lands.

I know I’ve had body issues for a long time. My frame, the way I look, the way people made fun of me — it stuck. It still sticks. And yet… there’ve been these weird, fleeting moments. Like one time a random *** filter gave me long hair and softer features, and I just stared at it. Because that person? Kinda looked… nice? Like someone I’d find attractive. And then I’m left wondering: was I just seeing someone else entirely? Or was that somehow me?

I don’t know. And not knowing — not being able to name it — is driving me up the wall.

The worst part? I don’t trust myself with my own thoughts. I talk myself out of everything. I second-guess what I feel before I even finish feeling it. It’s exhausting.

So yeah… I’m throwing this out here, hoping maybe someone else has been through this kind of fog. If you’ve ever looked in the mirror and felt like a stranger. Or caught a glimpse of who you could be and didn’t know what to do with it. I’d really like to hear from you.

Maybe it won’t fix anything. But it might help to not feel so alone in it.

2
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 29th, 2025

@WhoamI97

There's a lot going on un the world at the minute and it's hard to see, when the world just looks on and the silence is deafening. Its hard to not be affected by it.

I'm sorry that you look in the mirror and feel different or don't recognise you. There's nothing wrong or strange about you, our thoughts can be fleeting though so it's important to talk to someone about it, that is professional, they can give you more clarity and structure, to enable you to make more informed decisions. You are not alone here and you don't have to struggle with your thoughts 💜💕

User Profile: ClosetedTransQueen
ClosetedTransQueen August 7th, 2025

@WhoamI97 these are the thoughts that keep me awake all night. Knowing that unless you get like 1 million dollars for surgery or something, you can never fully fit in or feel perfect. But even something as simple as a filter or a quick clothing change privately can give you that euphoria that you only really get in your dreams. Good luck on your journey, safe wishes🏳️‍⚧️