Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I’m still in love with my best friend

User Profile: optimisticSummer856
optimisticSummer856 March 3rd, 2024

3
User Profile: optimisticSummer856
optimisticSummer856 OP March 3rd, 2024

Before I became friends with her, my intuition knew I would fall hard. Though I decided to take that risk because I wanted to know her for her. All of our mutual friends knew because I couldn’t shut up about her once we became friends. Eventually I decided to try to tell her how I felt. I don’t think I really expressed it well due to being an awkward high schooler. A week or two later they told me that they did not have feelings for me, which I accepted, but my feelings for them still remained no matter how hard I tried to let them go. I asked for mutual friends about what I could do, which is focus on myself and reorganize my priorities. I did so, but when I hung out with this person, my heart still ignited. Eventually word got back around to this person and they called me and we decided we should take a break from talking. 

Sometimes I think I don’t have feelings for them, but then I realize I do when I feel something ignite in me when they are just being themselves. 

I really don’t know what to do. Once again, I do take up in my hobbies, focus on work, school, planning for the future, and my family, but the feelings for my friend feel magnetic and come back when I don’t expect it.

1 reply
User Profile: optimisticSummer856
optimisticSummer856 OP March 3rd, 2024

The blue 💀

load more
User Profile: Vagi
Vagi March 7th, 2024

@optimisticSummer856 Been in similar condition.. lots of hugs to you.. 

I understand this thought of leaving without her overtakes you? And I guess I have also not figured out yet.. (but we are still best friends and he respects my feelings and emotions.. I am in situation where I haven't talked to him for about 3 months though.. but it will eventually get better.. he told me) I still know he doesn't have feelings for me, but I guess we can't always get what we want.. still I hope someday we would be together somehow