My now ex gf (F 20) and I (F 21) just broke up because we’re too in love with each other. Is it a bad idea to get back together?
Some background, we met freshman year in college and were friends for a while before getting into a relationship. By the end of freshman year we had been dating for a few months and due to the housing market we decided to move in together. We talked about it beforehand and agreed that living together would make it difficult to have our own lives and experiences in college, but we figured we could make it work if we tried. We’ve been living together for about 2 years, and we’ve had my family dog living with us for most of that. Over these 2 years both of us have become fairly codependent and have struggled with maintaining our friendships. We are extremely in love with each other but don’t feel like we’re really happy in the relationship. We talked about our issues in the relationship a couple months ago and we both agreed that for us to truly work on ourselves and become independent people we needed to break up. At first we talked about just taking a break for the summer, but we decided that having a deadline on getting back together would allow us to postpone our self improvement until we were back with each other. So yesterday we broke up after me and the dog joined for her family vacation. We had carpooled so she had to drop me off so she could go home, and during the last hour or so of the drive the situation started to become terrifyingly real to me. I realized that I was not only going to be losing my gf, but also my best friend, roommate, and the mother of my child (dog). We said goodbye and the only way I was able to let go was by convincing myself that we would see each other at the end of summer no matter what. It’s been just over 24 hrs and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about her. All I want is to do is talk to her and hold her but I can’t and it’s killing me. I’ve already called her twice just to hear her voice and I could tell that she was having similar feelings and difficulties. The last time I called her she started sobbing and had to hang up, and I haven’t been able to stop crying since then. I’ve been struggling to eat and all I want to do is smoke cigarettes even though I know I’ll throw up if I smoke on an empty stomach. I’ve been through a couple major breakups before and I know that time heals all wounds, but I just can’t stop wanting to call her and get back together. Is that such a bad idea? I’ve been trying to make friends and become independent so we wouldn’t have to do this but the only friends I have are apart of the friend group and I haven’t been able to make any new ones so right now it feels like I have no one to talk to. I guess that’s why I’m writing this right now. Should I talk to her about getting back together? Or just being friends but still able to talk? Or being open or something? Or should I just let her move on and try to do the same myself. Any advice or kind words will be much appreciated.
Sir It’s natural to want to reach out for comfort on s9 game, but calling her frequently might prolong both of your healing processes and make it harder to truly work on yourselves.
Brother I’ve been trying to make friends and become independent so we wouldn’t have to do this but the only friends I have are apart of the friend group and I haven’t been able to make any new ones so right now it feels like I have no one to talk to Goa Games.