Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

User Profile: Eugene
Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

7889
User Profile: Melly718
Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?Happiness comes from within. It is not dependent on external things or on other people. You become vulnerable and can be easily hurt when your feelings of security and happiness depend on the behavior and actions of other people. Never give your power to anyone else.?
― Brian L. Weiss

User Profile: Melly718
Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.?
― Dalai Lama XIV

User Profile: Melly718
Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?Your success and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them. But to be happy it is essential not to be too concerned with others. Consequently, there is no escape. Happy and judged, or absolved and wretched.?
― Albert Camus, The Fall

User Profile: Melly718
Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious.?
― Will Rogers

User Profile: Melly718
Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?The summit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is.?
― Desiderius Erasmus

1 reply
User Profile: Draya111
Draya111 March 13th, 2015

yepppp!

load more
User Profile: Melly718
Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?Your success and happiness lie in you.?
― Helen Keller

User Profile: Foreverblue
Foreverblue March 10th, 2015

why she stays

JANUARY 15, 2015~MROGERS1660

?He won?t lay a finger on you,
He won?t wreck your pretty face.
But he?ll tell you that you?re worthless
Just to put you in your place.?
Little Big Town, Evangeline

They said you can?t truly understand something until it happens to you.

They were right.

When I was young, I remember hearing a story from a friend about a woman and a man who started fighting in the car in front of my friend. The woman ran from the car and the man followed, brutally beating her and a passerby who tried to help, in front of dozens of people staring in shock.

Certainly after that she would leave him, wouldn?t she?

Only a few months later, we spotted the same woman ? with the same man ? in line together at a local restaurant. I asked myself for years following why she would stay. She was an idiot. She knew better. It was an obvious choice. He had done it once, and he would do it again.She was an idiot.

Now I understand.

Let me be clear ? this man never laid a hand on me. But there are forms of domestic abuseother than physical abuse.

?You?re a stupid bitch?.

?You?re nothing but a slut?.

?You?re a piece of trash, you?re worthless?.

These incidences escalated to the point where one night I satsobbing in front of a restaurant full of people. A table of girls behind me told me that I was too beautiful to put up with being spoken to like that, and that I should leave.

So why didn?t I leave?

With every low there is a high. With every fight, there is a morning full of tearful apologies and promises that it will never happen again. And for a while, everything is perfect. Until it happens again.

And again, and again, and again.

Not until everything was over for good, and I was left alone, did I realize what I had put up for far too long. It was as if I was brainwashed, broken to the point where I believed it was my fault and that I deserved the abuse. Somehow I believed that if I changed, that if I could only be better for him, it would stop. But it never did.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. This experience has opened my eyes to millions of women in this world who endure and accept physical and emotional abuse. So often society judges these women so harshly when they choose to stay, but not everyone understands why. Until a woman completely realizes what she is experiencing in her relationship is wrong and is in no way, shape, or form true love, shewillstay. And you cannot judge her for that.

You may not know why she stays, but I do.

Share this:

Twitter130
Facebook10K+
Google

User Profile: xostaystrong
xostaystrong March 11th, 2015

The ups and downs of life all matter ... Imagine an elevator thatonly went up .. What would be the point ? We are so much like elevators, we need to go up and explore the better parts of life .. But we also need to drop to the lowest states of itas well. It is in the lower levels of life we realize the meaning of the highest ones.

// the saddest days will bring out the brightest🌞

User Profile: Dailydaydreama
Dailydaydreama March 11th, 2015

One may find in amongst the darkness a rainbow the colors of life ! Don't fear the dark background because without it how could we see the colors ...

User Profile: theclocksystem
theclocksystem March 11th, 2015

Everything will be okay because I love you and we can watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

---my little brother (5yo)heart

1 reply
User Profile: GikkiNizzy88
GikkiNizzy88 March 11th, 2015

💕💕💕💕💕 adorable

load more