Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trichotillomania

User Profile: silverthewolf2202
silverthewolf2202 June 27th, 2018

I was wondering if anyone else on this sight suffers from Trichotillomania? It's a form of OCD that is often caused from anxiety where the person pulls their hair (head, arm, leg, eyelashes, eyebrows ect) to the point of spotting and most times subconsiously.

7
User Profile: Couragethecowardly20
Couragethecowardly20 June 27th, 2018

@silverthewolf2202 i do not experience it but i have watched a documentary about it before. The girl constantly pulls her hair and it made a spot, to counter it she had her head shaved and she places bandana to prevent herself from the habit of pulling her hair.

User Profile: PhoenixAsh
PhoenixAsh June 30th, 2018

Hi! I don't personally suffer from trichotillomania, but I know a couple of people who do heart We have a forum section dedicated to it in our OCD/BFRB Community, so I've just moved this post into there!

User Profile: hopefulDancer101
hopefulDancer101 February 1st, 2019

@silverthewolf2202

I know this is an old post but, I do!

User Profile: Jake58
Jake58 February 1st, 2019

I actually have trichotilomania and have had it a long time.

User Profile: hopefulDancer101
hopefulDancer101 February 15th, 2019

@Jake58

How long?

User Profile: Pieceofsht
Pieceofsht March 30th, 2019

@Jake58 yeah me too

load more
load more
User Profile: aiko123
aiko123 October 9th, 2019

Hi. I have it too.