another depression from yet another person
herez my story...
keeping aside my brk ups depressions,i gradually developed an unusual habit of easing unusual things and doing unusual things.after googling, i found out m suffering from PICA and TRICHOTILLOMANIA.and the causes for both tends to be depression and stress,
yes i do hav my family stress,my no-where going career stress,brk up stress,handling psychic ex bf stress,havin no true frnd stress !
I pull my hair out, it started with just twisting and pulling the hair on my head. The doctor said its a form of self harm / depression / anxiety But said there's nothing for it. I've had to keep my hair cut to a grade 2 , but now I'm having to shave my chest, under arms pubic area, n I've just realised I've started on my eye browse.
Yes, I have trich. It is a result of my depression and trauma endured whilst growing up. I can't remember what age it started at, but I remember having hair that reached down to my buttocks when I was 10 and I was already doing it before then. I am now 32 and my hair is down between my shoulderblades and is layered so the aftermath of my hair pulling isn't quite as noticeable. I also have to keep everything else neatly shaved so that I don't yank out hair anywhere else besides my scalp. Mind you I also pull out my eyebrow hair and eyelashes when it gets really bad. When I was a teenager I used to even shave all the hair off my arms to try to prevent it. Not even positive mantras of realising I am doing it and trying to pull my hand away from my head and repeating over and over in my head "I must not rip out my hair" work.
I havetrichas well. I've had it for a few years, but it only got really bad last year. Now I'm basically bald and I wear a hat all the time to hide the bald spots. All my friends think that I just got a bad haircut, and I'm too scared to tell any of them. I told one of my close friends once and she just laughed and said I should just stop. It started as a result of anxiety, stress, and depression, but I think over time it just became a habit that I do whenever I'm feeling bad.