For two broken hearts to try and mend
@convivialAvocado1138. @braindamag3
If you are not named in the thread, please do not read/post/Subscribe/❤️
Thank you
Hey,
how have you been?
just gonna ramble on here 😕
last few days I have felt quite hollow, no one to talk to. Been very lonely lately. Work has been busy, that’s a blessing but empty. I guess knowing the end is near really has my mind attacking itself.
heck i even went and talked to “T” this morning for some sort of interaction with a human.
tomorrow is d-day, then off Friday. Going to my Sister in laws, one place that I find very peaceful. She has an acre and a half out in the country. We are using her place a skipping stone to go a little furry out to Algonquin Park, one of Ontario’s largest forested areas to see the autumn colours. I’ll make sure to post up some pics in my nature thread.
I've been ok. Just settling into the new job & tryna keep my emotions in check when it comes to "M"
Nothing wrong with rambling. I totally get it. I do feel like lately we're all kinda in our heads over here at Cups idk if it's the SAD setting in since Fall is here we're kinda in a lull so to speak.
But nothing wrong with getting it out here âºï¸
I sense your sadness through the screen. ð¥º
It's a new change & it comes with uncertainty & difference of a routine you've had for many years & an interaction with people
As humans even as loners we all have a need for togetherness & a tribe so to speak so it's only natural for you to seek out friendship/ conversation with "T"
I really hope you find your tribe to mitigate some of the anxiety it's causing you ð¥º
Good to hear your settling in at your new job.
thanks for the pep talk, is my sadness that apparent that you see it? 🥺
seeing your voice brings a sort of happiness to me, even though we are not speaking face to face. It is comforting.
I don’t know what it is but the last couple of days, cups just seems to be draining me emotionally. My feed has been showing me a lot of new posts of people who are lonely and it just starts getting to me. I know I’m not the only one out there who is lonely
Good night
I'm glad I can bring a sense of comfort.
Yeah sometimes I feel a bit drained on here too. When I feel like that I take a mini break... A few hours lol ð¤£
And then I come back.
I hope you get a good night's rest
Good morning,
I feel like I slept well but my tracker tells me otherwise.
I was doing that yesterday, peek in cups, take a break, comeback a little later.
Reached out to a listener about a week ago, only to see that they deleted my initial message and never responded back.
Last couple of days I have resorted back to Copilot for company, how sad is that?
Anyway, hope you had a good sleep and a great day at work.
D-day is finally here

Good morning,
Sending you strength as you let then know today 😊
You may not see the results yet in reaching out & trying to find an outlet yet but it doesn't mean you should stop trying.
Keep up the fight 😁
Have a great day today
Afternoon,
Well the deed is done, formally submitted my notice of retirement to our benefits department.
I have a meeting notice to be sent out to my boss at the end of my day, to meet with her Oct. 7th
I thought of doing it next week but I will be taking Thurs and Fri off sick 😊
Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel. Don't know if has fully sunk in yet. Still on the nervous side but not as bad as I was the last couple of days.
Hope your work day was good.
Hey, how's it going?
I'm in my happy place, spending the next 2 nights at my sister in laws place. I love it out here practically in the country side on an acre n half. Peaceful, no hustle of the big city, she is more than happy to have us and cook up a storm.
Tomorrow we will be heading out to try and catch some fall colours in one of the largest provincial parks. At least the drive from here is half what it would be if we went straight from our home.
Have a great evening
Goodnight
Hey friend, how's it going ❓
I hope you enjoyed spending time with your sister in law 😎
Very chill weekend for me. Got some much needed rest.
Hoping you're feeling a bit lighter now that you put in for retirement. Here's hoping for a nice week ahead of us
Just an update I have been talking to "M". However, I haven't gone to see him. I'm probably not going to either. Just thought u should know I am trying to be as strong as I can & keeping my boundaries clear & in place.
Anywho, just wanted to drop you a line.
Good night
Hello, how's it going? How have you been?
I been hanging out on a (do I dare say) Seniors Forum 😲 😂🤣
I must say though, the greetings I got there far out weight the greetings I got when I joined up here. I have to laugh though, they think because I'm 60 I don't know my way around a forum and they are all trying to give me pointers 🤣 then I tell them I'm a computer nerd and been on forums for 20+ years.
It sure is a completely different environment.

Hahaha u can teach them a thing or too lol.
Awwww I miss u on this side of cups. But I'm glad you're finding more friends yayyyyy 😎
I'm sure there are a few that can relate to the retirement transition & give some helpful tips
Are you working from home today?
@convivialAvocado1138
Last thing I want to keep doing is IT stuff 😁 some of those that greeted me are in their 90's.
It's nice to see your voice, I have missed typing back and forth. I'm not going anywhere 🙂, just might not take part in the forms side as much, lately something happened with another member and it has me not wanting to be involved with any thread that, that person takes part in. I now I shouldn't be bothered by it buy I have.
Working in the office today, and my day did not start off well, 😮 I almost ran over a pedestrian this morning, my vehicle just basically brushed him, I'm glad he was OK and was not upset with me. I, on the other hand am still shaken up and mad at myself. I have never done that in all my years of driving.
90's whoaaaaaaa 🤯
That's awesome. I hope I'm still that hip at 90 😂
I'm sorry u had such an experience on the forum side. But, I understand what you mean. There's a lot of personalities. Let's just chock it up to the idea that someone wasn't having a good day 🥺
Take some time from it if needed. Ik for me the notifications were getting a bit much to keep up with so I've actually unsubscribed to some threads while remaining on the ones that interested me most to curtail my experience to make it best suit me.
Glad the pedestrians ok. Maybe grab something warm to drink to calm your nerves down a little bit later ☺️