Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

@cyanessence graced by @Amanda84

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence June 20th, 2025

@Amanda84

Hello friend! This is our pen pal chat. It means a lot to me that you are willing to spend even more time on me.

However, this doesn't have to be big. It doesn't have to be deep and meaningful. It can just be a way to keep in touch, for I too consider you a dear friend. I know life has a lot of demands and not everyone has as much time as I do right now. I am lucky. If I do get wordy, don't feel compelled to write as much. Short responses carry just as much meaning as lengthy ones for me, and sometimes being concise is a way to convey a deeper message than a long message ever could.

So, where to begin? What would *you* like to talk about? Anything and everything interest me.

I used to know the names of many types of clouds. The only one that stuck is cumulonimbus, a dense, towering, vertical cloud. I like it for its prominence.

I wish I knew the names of different types of birds, but the only one that's sticking is masked lapwing. They can be aggressive, but they stick their ground so you can sometimes get pretty close and take nice pictures.

My memory is not meant to hold information like the names for all things...

129
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 25th

• in mug:
• leaf 🍃 🍂 ☘ 🍁 🍀 🌿 of leek, torn to shreds
• boiled 🔥 water 💧, drained

• avocado 🥑 mash, with cayenne pepper 🌶

• seeded crackers, smashed to smithereens

• smoked 🚬 salmon, gently torn

• then, served in Korean seasoned roasted seaweed

20260825-215507_1787701583.jpg

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 26th

• unsliced mandarin slices, hand-torn

• drops of weathered banana 🍌

• ginger & lemon 🍋 squeeze

• cumin seed, ground

• whole black pepper, ground

• toasted muesli

• boiled water 💧

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 26th

@cyanessence


DTWKQSoS.gif

load more
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 27th

*"natural flavour"*

I acquired some apple juice
Brilliant
Nice

The ingredient list
does claim
it contains apple juice

Though, it also claims to contain
"natural flavour"

...wait
...is not the apple juice
the natural flavour?

Damn
I wanted to drink apple juice
I wanted to taste just apple juice
But this beverage has "natural flavour"
detracting from the taste of actual apple juice

When apple juice, a natural flavour, is tainted by "natural flavour", the beverage is compromised. I could not describe the flavour of apple juice as it contains "natural flavour".

I am wary of consuming anything so vague. Imagine being served a dish and being told it is "natural flavour". My stomach would turn.

How are we supposed to know ourselves when we do not know what we consume.

"natural flavour"
in apple juice...
destroys natural flavour

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 28th

20260828-160658_1787918595.jpg

• seeds & grain loaf 🍞, torn into a mug, then submerged in coconut 🥥 milk 🥛

• cayenne pepper 🌶, to taste, and to hug

• mandarin slices, unsliced, hand-broken

• cumin seed, to please

• drops of weathered banana 🍌

• harissa

*mug of warm*

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 29th


20260829-215910_1788006208.jpg

2 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 29th

@cyanessence

Beautiful 🥰 

1 reply
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 29th

@Amanda84

u r

load more
load more
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 30th

*patience is *a* virtue*

Patience is a Virtue
so they say

*a* virtue
which means
there are more

Without honesty
the self deceives itself
Personal problems
cannot be acknowledged
Without honest, critical thought

Without integrity
hazards may be
left unadfressed
Self may be compromised
trying to please

Without kindness
bitterness may spread

Sure, Patience is a Virtue
Those that dedicate themselves
to martial arts
can defend, with haste
and wisdom

Is love a Virtue?
Maybe, moreso, care
Something that endures
when love's ecstasies dissipate

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 30th


20260830-183143_1788078999.jpg

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 30th

@cyanessence

That's gorgeous 💛

load more
User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 30th

• torn leaf of leek, fenugreek seed, fennel seed, black cumin seed, yellow mustard seed, cayenne pepper, ground whole black pepper, and dosa rice, submerged in boiled water, in a mug, covered, drained and re-watered as required, until rice is ready

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 31st

I want Coca-Cola with no sugar and no sweetener, so that I may actually taste what hides behind such masks.

-

"A new frying pan!"

Great... what does it do?

"It fries, better than ever before!"

So, it fries?

"Yes! Precisely!"

Did not the previous frying pan fry?

"Er... yeah, but not very well..."

What about the first frying pan?

"...?"

It would have also fried.

A frying pan made with honest materials and handled with care can last generations.

User Profile: cyanessence
cyanessence OP August 31st

Served in peel of mandarin:

• avocado 🥑 mash, with drops of weathered pear 🍐, ginger & lemon 🍋 squeeze, and harissa [red hot 🥵 pepper 🌶, garlic 🧄, caraway, coriander, salt 🧂]

It could be a spread or dip, for, say seeds & grain bread


20260831-211131_1788176994.jpg