@cyanessence graced by @Amanda84
@Amanda84
Hello friend! This is our pen pal chat. It means a lot to me that you are willing to spend even more time on me.
However, this doesn't have to be big. It doesn't have to be deep and meaningful. It can just be a way to keep in touch, for I too consider you a dear friend. I know life has a lot of demands and not everyone has as much time as I do right now. I am lucky. If I do get wordy, don't feel compelled to write as much. Short responses carry just as much meaning as lengthy ones for me, and sometimes being concise is a way to convey a deeper message than a long message ever could.
So, where to begin? What would *you* like to talk about? Anything and everything interest me.
I used to know the names of many types of clouds. The only one that stuck is cumulonimbus, a dense, towering, vertical cloud. I like it for its prominence.
I wish I knew the names of different types of birds, but the only one that's sticking is masked lapwing. They can be aggressive, but they stick their ground so you can sometimes get pretty close and take nice pictures.
My memory is not meant to hold information like the names for all things...
Today, I had...
In a mug:
• oats, softened by boiled 🔥 water 💧, seasoned with Japanese pepper
topped with...
• torn flesh of blood orange 🍊
• drops of weathered banana 🍌
• streaks of unwhipped whipping cream
• a sprinkling of Japanese pepper
• a drizzle of honey 🍯
served with...
• coffee ☕
• ground cinnamon
• honey 🍯
• milk 🥛 or milk alternative
• boiled 🔥 water 💧
*quiet lynx*
Grasping at words that did not speak shaded life with an erosive bleakness that she could not hold. When what was said was little more than litter, feigning interest accrued an interest that would only settle into an eternal debt.
Weathering the storm, she thought, might yield the kind of pause that allows sights to be seen, feelings to be felt. But what course did this river take, and would it lead to an ocean of forsaken fates?
No scream could pierce the chilling winds of a world stilled by saccharine breath. No siren could alert the unaware to countless lands that shook death's shaky hand.
What do, pondered she, lost in seeking something worthy to be sought. What be, when the masses seem to revel in distress, in mindless misery.
Smoked by filter after filter
quiet lynx observed sound
until they could pounce
on loudness of silence
my love
for time
is forever fleeting
each thing that happens
attached, to web of reason
and so, i do not love all
as many circumstances defeat me
i could get caught
in the strands of love
but when such costs
costly money
expensive debts
that are not always monetary
i can lose
by loving
loving blindly
loving without considered care
i dare not chase love
for, when found
i am confounded
by its blinding quality
by its contorting beauty
i would rather seek
the sight of true sight
find something not alluring
follow a path
no matter how rocky
that does not focus
on jollies alone
that disregards solemnity

in a vessel:
cashew nut 🥜, spread with pieces of hand-torn dark rye sourdough bread 🍞, where the bread is rained 🌧 with drops of weathered banana 🍌. Poured over with seasoned unwhipped whipping cream [ground ginger, ground cumin seed, ground whole black pepper]
@cyanessence



