'Look at me, Physics.' 'I want you to gaze upon the being you hold up, and fear it.'
Trigger warning!!!: Blood, death, existential crises, religion, uses caps a lot
Read at your own risk!!
'ENTROPY! I challenge you TO FIGHT ME! Disregard your conceptual being and materialize! I fear you no longer! STARE AT ME! STARE AT MY BARE BONES! STARE! See it, the scars that both blades, bullet, and YOU have left me!'
"Entropy does not wish to respond."
'NO! MY BATTERED BEING REMAINS SHAKEN AND MY BLOOD DISSONANT FROM MY NERVE FIBERS! I AM NOT DONE WITH YOU!'
'ENTROPY! You fear me! You are always under your father, Physics. If you... akin to rotting meat and swirling sin when compared to your other mathematical kin--does not wish to anger me... then I shall anger your father.'
"Entropy is not terrified nor is Entropy amused nor am EYE going to engage with such an elemental object, so puny, so soft, so insignificant, so bound to ME, and so terrified of the things you see, the smells you must ingest and the horrors you must cognitively, painfully--finitely savor."
'Bring me to your father. You are insufferable, vermin, beast, and hoarder! You do not deserve to be called anything human-like. Your nature is indescribably vile. You do not feel, I am talking to Thanatos' agent. Why waste my time, my 'elements' and my metal on a puny, unconscious... idea.'
"Entropy does not talk to a being that wastes."
'PHYSICS! I DO NOT FOLLOW YOU, I FOLLOW THE CREATOR, THE MERCY, AND THE LOVE THAT MADE YOU! I LOVE YOU PHYSICS! I LOVE MATHEMATICS AND I LOVE SCIENCE AND THE ARTS OF THOUGHT, CHEMISTRY, AND COGNITION! HEAR! Hear. Hear. Hear this call of mine, does it anger you? That my conscience loves you, even when you try to undermine me! DESTROY me! Does that anger you? Vile rodent you are, a cornerstone in the ecosystem of reality, but BOUND just like I AM to it!'
- ... -
- Punished. -
- Punished by existing, just like me. You will die. I won't -
'Look at me, Physics.'
- Why must EYE? Why must EYE? -
'I want you to gaze upon the being you hold up, and fear it.'
'Fear my ability to die. Fear the blood that spills when my arm rots from diseases you carry.'
- Why must EYE be scared? Just as my son, I am not bound to your diseases, or to your blood. In a way, EYE am quite amused at your attempt to evade me. -
'That is why you should be terrified of me. I am not attempting to evade you. I will end you. With all the conscience I have and the love born as a result. I follow GOD! Glory be to Him. He created you, just as he did me, but I was made solely to worship and to live well and love. You are the process that holds me. I am above you, but forever under God.'
"Entropy... agrees. Shakily."
- Physics cannot love nor fear. How am EYE scared? -
'That is consciousness.'
'Welcome to the most beautiful purgatory of all.'
- NO. Physics, EYE, and my son... -
"I feel it. I am in terror. I do not wish to be human, Father."
- Entropy? EYE need warmth. -
'Thermodynamics and homeostasis ***!'
- nO -
" yeS EYE sEe.,. "
'I have materialized you. Now fight me. I am no longer scared of you. Because you do not own me. You will bleed for the first time in your immortal eternities. You will bleed again. And again. And again. Until you are dry.'
'Take out your thousands of blades. None will win against the hormones and emotions that you claim to run.'
'I am no longer scared of YOU, or of The Clock, or Flame. Or Nuclei. Or Pull. Or Push. Or Run.'
- EYE am truly honored to fight philosophy itself. -
"ArE yOU hOnoREd to FiGHt uS?"
'In the name of my Creator alone.'
@Mahd12
I think the generally accepted concept of homeostasis is when something is living its usual lifecycle, without any kind of pathology that would shorten it.
The purpose of fear is to convince us to avoid putting ourselves in danger. If danger is unavoidable, why bother being afraid? For example, an asteroid could hit the planet and everything. Why bother being afraid of that?
Is entropy avoidable?
Mysteriously, science and many religions agree on one thing, although both disciplines tend to reject the idea that they could possibly agree on anything. That agreed-upon thing is what preexisted matter as we know it. Some religions talk about it being a "firmament," or "formless void." Science talks about matter in the form of atomic fragments that preexisted atoms. In other words, a scientifically defined firmament or formless void.
Another implicit agreement between religion and science is indeed the principle of entropy. Essentially it describes how everything deteriorates, decays, and goes from a higher level of elemental organization to lower states. Both also agree (generally speaking) that entropy is a one-way process. For example, if a vehicle rusts away, there is no realistic chance that said rust will ever again be a vehicle.
If entropy is a one-way process, by human logic, it's impossible for anything to have formed out of the "formless void." Science talks about bits of matter "flashing into existence." Religion speaks of divine manifestation. In this matter, between science and religion, my vote goes to religion with regard to how existence came to exist. The primary reason for that is that science's concept of what preexisted The Big Bang Theory, was a universal state of maximum entropy. If everything was already in its most disorganized and diffused state, and if the principal of entropy is a universal constant, then there should be no stars, planets, or any kind of life. Therefore, current scientific perspective on the origins of life, to me is far more irrational than it is to believe in some form of Conscious and Guiding Force.
Is entropy the enemy?
In the absence of entropy, every living thing that ever came into existence would still be alive, except for one huge problem. There's not enough room or resources to support the life of even a fraction of those life forms. Without taking into consideration any life larger than single cell organisms, every square inch of the planet would be covered to a depth of hundreds of feet, just with them.
Therefore, I must conclude that entropy is actually something we owe our lives to.
Uncountable numbers of souls get to spend a number of decades here before moving on. Entropy makes that possible. I'd like to think that all of those souls have an opportunity to live and love, and also glorify whatever their concept is of God.
I admire your honesty regarding your feelings about entropy. Many times, I have felt very much like agreeing with you, even as a result of mundane happenings, such as toast falling buttered side down on the floor.
Alas, the Creator has given purpose to entropy.
Someday, when we see it from a larger perspective, it may be easier to accept.
@Spiritriverthanks for writing so much
i do not disregard entropy as a force of our Creator, but i do find it heinous when someone gives up to it's force--willingly giving up free will!
i believe each person is still a person with free will(PREDETERMINED OR NOT) it makes sense for it to be so. we are in a world of science but our minds exist outside of that plane, we have emotions and thoughts that can go infinitely deep--philosophy can find its way in all fields
@Mahd12
I agree. I also believe there's no actual distinction between science, religion, philosophy, or the emotional energy that becomes infused in any of these disciplines. When I say "no distinction," I mean that which exists outside human subjectivity and assumptions. For example, zoom in on any two dissimilar elements to a subatomic level, and the lines between them blur. Actually the blur is essential in order to form molecules, for example H2O.
Few people evolve beyond the concrete black and white reasoning of childhood, when it comes to addressing disciplines that require synthesis of thought and understanding of nuance. Hence the existence of religious dogma and science that forbids the use of the right brain. Among those people, some insist we're biomechanical machines who are deluded into thinking free will exists. Or the dogmatics allege free will, but how free is it if the only choice is between compliance with a doctrine or perpetual torture forever and ever amen?
Still, I agree with you regarding free will. Choosing not to exercise free will, or denying its existence, remains a free will choice.
When it comes to entropy, is it possible that it's a requirement in order to move beyond the limitations of logic? Accidental discoveries come to mind. Maybe entropy can lead to more evolved levels of organization.
Oh well, now I'm just into late night musings. 🙃
Thanks for your response!
@Spiritriver thanks again for responding
no one has ever bothered to respond so passionately to a poem of mine
on religious dogma, i myself am a Muslim--and i believe even despite the existence of judgement day and punishment after death, this life is entirely up to you.
a person can do whatever they want in this life, and what's beyond is an existentialist question with infinite answers.
thank you!
ill write more poems
@Mahd12
"existentialist question with infinite answers" I like that. It sounds like we may be a bit in alignment with my suspicion that what we encounter after death is influenced by our expectations. I've entertained myself with "what if" questions, such as what if everyone goes to their own idea of Heaven. Imagine Baptists, Pentecostals, Muslims, Catholics, cannibals who worship the great turtle, etc, all end up in their own private heavens. Mark Twain wrote about a collie who deemed herself a Presbyterian, so maybe he entertained thoughts of a Presbyterian dog heaven. 😊
Maybe we either enter a dimension of our own creation, or maintain the humility and openness to Truth to await Allah/God's inspiration, and accept His plan for us.
In that scenario, if we are too attached to our own ideas, eternal punishment may take the form of being stuck living in a creation our own hubris fabricates.
Thanks for your acknowledgement.