Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Poetry by Ophelia

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 June 7th, 2025

Chained Freedom


I feel I have wronged my whole existence,

because whenever I feel hurt in my self,

I drown in this overwhelming feeling,

of loath and depravity.


My heart is fragile,

and if the heart is the same as the mind,

I am convinced very much,

that I am broken beyond repair.


Some might say I have gone insane,

some will say I am just being dramatic,

an attention seeker,

a pathetic comfort seeker.


But I say I am <i>going</i> insane,

because I still haven't but soon will,

which I feel in my whole being as I crawl and writh to find the last pieces of my sanity,

but in vain for they're smaller than grain.


If I say my heart hurts,

that would be a serious lie,

because what sensation of hurt will remain,

when the nerves have been paralysed often.


Now I only feel suffocation,

a drastic change in my painless self,

which felt pain in the early days of rain,

but now it's all drought, all drought.


Suffocating day by day,

unable to let out the last cry,

unable to make the last movement,

before being iced to death.


Is death better to a self,

is it painful or painless unknown I so often wonder,

bound and shackled by the chains of dependence, 

to a heart and mind which is forgetting day by day


—what is freedom and what is joy.







© Ophelia 

55
User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP December 14th, 2025


1000016277_1765722736.jpg

Thoughts— A Lament

What do I write,

when the fingers don't even trace lines?


What do I write,

when the ink has all but dried?


What do I say,

when the cuckoo is chocked to death?


What do I say,

when the wind has stopped carrying my laments?


What do I care for,

when my heart–bowl can't even hold a drop of life–water?


What do I care for,

when my the thoughts can't be reflected anymore,

because the glass like mind has broken?


What do I believe in,

when my thoughts are not even my 'own'?


What do I believe in,

when I can't even recognize my own,

real 'self'?


Who do I truly belong to— To you God or maybe, no one, not even myself?


Who am I..should I even wonder anymore?



© Ophelia 

User Profile: Macylou82
Macylou82 December 15th, 2025

@calmmoon2104 The best poet has wrote yet another masterpiece, I relate to this so hard. Glad to be reading ur words again

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP December 15th, 2025

@Macylou82

I really appreciate your support best lou, thank you very much really ❤️✨️

load more
User Profile: yourlocalIKEA
yourlocalIKEA December 19th, 2025

@calmmoon2104 haven't seen ur poetry for ages and it's of course super amazing!! Hope ur doing OK and sending hugs🫂

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 OP December 20th, 2025

@yourlocalIKEA

Thank you very much kea 💙

load more
load more
User Profile: ishanjanli
ishanjanli May 25th

Every line feels painfully real… the emotions hit deep without trying too hard. 

@calmmoon2104 This was so nice to read. Thank you for posting this. 🤗❤️

User Profile: Shahasst
Shahasst May 31st

good choice