Put up yer' hat and unsheath that hatchet of yers'
Trigger Warning of high degree: mentions guns, weapons, blood, and death
themes of: disappointment, fury, pride, and disposition--> to the theme of gratitude
START(go down a bit):
Trigger on my finger, and heat within my palms.
O’ I put up my hat, on the quest for Midas’ lair.
The dunes latch onto mine breeches and the sands cling to my hair,
Many a dead rodent, thousands weepin’ as they calm.
Lithos stretched beyond all them beaches, and the coyotes feasting with the leeches.
Corvid’s indefinite calling! Mindless, feral screeches!
Hatchet glistening in the twilight, one, two, three slices and she bleeds!
“I do apologize”, “but not to nature’s creed.”
Rustlin’ bushes and boomin’ barrels,
Loaded mine rifle! There comes the plundering perils.
Bullet through his head, and knife slit his throat,
“Oh how em’ cowards croak!”
The heavens splice open with an ethereal glow,
The sun has come to provide its holy flow.
THERE I SAY, I SEE!
GOD PRAISE! I’M FILLED WITH GLEE!
The ruins outstretched to the edge of space,
My tongue drips, and my heart race.
My finger drops the trigger, and cold bliss fills my arms.
I trip on my heels, and my step leads me to see the creator of the Psalms.
My soul returns to the cadaver, and the treasure is false!?
But one marble stone? I shall not atone!
“God DAMN this desert, I hope Lithos erupts with a pulse!”
Trug through the mud and bog,
My vision blinded--a red fog.
I cower! I weep! How my pathetic nature does seep!
I cling to my marble stone,
“Please God, allow me to.. Atone.”
I dig my own grave, and put up my hat, such an urge--but I must not scratch it.
Walkin’ away from my grave, I unsheath my hatchet.
I stare long into the indefinite rays,
With my one stone--and happiness of strange ways.