Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Poem Writers Gathering.

User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 November 25th, 2020

I create this post, in a sole intention with you all to share your lovely poems, and so that others are going to enjoy it. ❤

I want to share my one poem, a positive one, on my favourite color for a start. 💜💜 Hope you will like it.

Also, I am going to post a poem, each week, and you are welcome to post too.

Here you go :-

The Purple Color 💜

"It is my favorite color,
Reminds me of my pillar.
It symbolizes creativity,
It shows me a path to positivity.

It gets me feeling mysterious,
I feel like doing something dangerous.
I love the purple lily,
It makes my face into a smiley.

Purple Purple is Magic !
Nothing feels tragic."

Done, hope you liked it 💗

Anyone is welcome to post their poems which are appropriate and positive too !!

156
User Profile: aviboot
aviboot June 19th, 2021
Scars over my body
avi v

I’ve got tree scars on my face
About a hundred on the rest of my body
Some are shared, some are hidden
Some are visible, some are inside
They all have a story
A story with pain and happiness
A story about me
Like fish in a sea
Making me whole
Special and unique
Dragging me to my next scar
The next story in my book
Full of fairy tells and tragedy’s
Full of life
Hoping that in the end
The story’s will make my ocean
User Profile: Mindease
Mindease April 2nd, 2022

I hope I'll be better, better than ever

I know bad things don't last forever.

You have come this far, you are a fighter

You got this boy, your future is brighter.

User Profile: Crystalboy4
Crystalboy4 April 2nd, 2022

I don't think I can post my stuff on here because it's very not happy and it doesn't rhyme so I don't know if it counts as a poem

1 reply
User Profile: GiGi52
GiGi52 April 3rd, 2022

.





1 reply
User Profile: Crystalboy4
Crystalboy4 April 3rd, 2022

@GiGi52

What?

load more
User Profile: pandaprincess9
pandaprincess9 April 26th, 2022

@BookishBlue13
I feel like you can/should. I wanna read it!

load more
User Profile: pandaprincess9
pandaprincess9 April 26th, 2022

Woman falls to sleep in car, wakes up floating in river


Dec. 28, 2019


With no choice left but to leave the door open for despair to come in as it is, like family, she stood from scraped knees and cried chaos back to these tumultuous winds screaming that freedom cannot exist for a human; she seeks it anyways in the ferocious tenacity of her ambition; it is the force of knowing she'll never win and the power of knowing she cannot fail. Accept that despair as your own for it is your own; the darkness is nothing to fear for we are blind anyways. Rifle through each chapter of the many sides to many stories and you will find that all are true, so what are the words whispering in your own leaves? How afraid are you of opening the door?


I wrote this poem in 2020 about a month before the US responded to COVID. I was taking a class about poetry at the time. There was a form where you choose the title of your poem by copy pasting the name and date of publication of an article, song, or other, and write your poem. Thinking of revising that second half though.

1 reply
User Profile: bellezzamocha
bellezzamocha May 11th, 2022

@pandaprincess9

i loooove this piece! it somehow gives a lot of imagery without getting very detailed. keep up the good work!

load more
User Profile: bellezzamocha
bellezzamocha May 11th, 2022

i'll share an old poem for this one (btw i have no idea how i come up with poem names/titles so dont come at me hahaha)

Space

one moment im sitting
in a spacious white box of a room
looking at the technicolour sunset melt colours into my heart
the next i am in a stuffy old library
sunlight slanting in from the tall windows
and must staining my lungs
and my chest feels a little tight
my breath feels a little shaky
as everything i have never said aloud
crowds my mind
it was peace
for that was all i knew about peace
and it was war
for i could not look in the mirror
without seeing someone else
every morning when i wake
my fear clings to the bedsheets
like sewed-in threads
begging me not to leave
the only safe place in the world
and every day i remind myself
life is more than safety
when i look back at my life
it was never too exceptional
i was simply a star
neither bright enough
to illuminate others
nor dark enough that
it couldn’t sustain itself
and i thought, all my life
i’ve been taught to only be the best
perhaps now it is time to also
embrace the parts of myself
that aren’t so outstanding
but also deserve love
(maybe it is time to love me for all of me, instead of just the parts i like)
i closed my eyes and found myself
standing on a bridge
on a cool cloudless night
it was close to the surface of the water
and i could not see the shore
i looked down
at my reflection in the stillness
as my hair slid off my shoulder
and dipped into the water
like gossamer curtains the water rippled
and in my wavering eyes, i saw
all the phases of the moon
in my watery eyes that night, i found
my unwavering self
User Profile: corinnajoyhenryluv
corinnajoyhenryluv November 12th, 2022

Love love love!

words are magic

User Profile: BraelynnT
BraelynnT November 8th, 2025

@AlwaysForYou197 I love this!