Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

me, the happy friend

A painted smile, a buoyant stride,

A cheerful face, where joys reside.

I spin the laughter, light and free,

A happy friend for all to see.

A juggling heart, a nimble hand,

I build up spirits, across the land.

I tell the jokes, the silly things,

And watch the joy that laughter brings.

But underneath the vibrant hue,

A hidden depth, a different view.

A silent space, a quiet plea,

A sadness locked inside of me.

For I'm the clown who cannot weep,

A secret sorrow I must keep.

The painted tears, I cannot show,

Lest the merriment should cease to flow.

I understand the fragile grace

Of fleeting smiles on every face.

I share the lightness, lend an ear,

And banish shadows, quell the fear.

But in the echoes of the cheer,

A lonely whisper lingers here.

A yearning for a cleansing rain,

To wash away the inward pain.

So I will laugh, and I will play,

And brighten every passing day.

The happy friend, forever bright,

Concealing darkness from the light.

A silent strength, a hidden art,

To play the joyful, hopeful part.

The clown who smiles, though tears may fall,

A joyful friend embracing all.

2