Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: jesschica99
jesschica99 March 13th, 2022

@Hope

Hello.

I am glad to find 7 cups, and cant wait to get started in helping others!

User Profile: JoniHomes
JoniHomes March 14th, 2022

@Hope

Hey hey my name's Nervy. It's nice to meet y'all. Only been here a few hours but it's been great. Can't wait to see what this community has in store here.

User Profile: PeacefulChess
PeacefulChess March 14th, 2022

@Hope

im here for everyone text me if you need me

User Profile: Cloudydog
Cloudydog March 14th, 2022

Hello everyone,

I am here because I was seeking counseling on an issue in my life. During my search I found 7Cups. Right now, I hope I can find advice regarding maintaining a good relationship with someone with BPD. I can't afford expert therapy right now, so just having someone to talk to is helpful too. It's really tough and some days I worry things will never get better. I appreciate the community here. Thank you for taking the time to listen to our struggles.

User Profile: Jerry39451
Jerry39451 March 14th, 2022

@Hope

I'm Jerry. Here for loneliness and some depression.

User Profile: Melanie9
Melanie9 March 15th, 2022

@Hope

Welcome everyone!

I enjoy helping others anyway I can. This includes listening to others.

User Profile: StormyKlutz
StormyKlutz March 15th, 2022

@Hope

Hey hey everyone, my name's Stormy. Glad to be here ❤️

User Profile: theycallmebutterfly
theycallmebutterfly March 16th, 2022

@Hope I think everyone here is amazing.

4 replies
User Profile: Rainwalker116
Rainwalker116 March 18th, 2022

Hi everyone I am Rainwalker and I am here after a while. I have been a listener on 7cups before and I am now more in control

woth my time to be able to give my best again. Love to be here and shout out to everyone.

User Profile: Ilovemyrescuedog20
Ilovemyrescuedog20 March 23rd, 2022

Hi everyone, I joined 7 cups at the beginning of the month and the listeners not only have helped me get so much off my mind but they also gave the best advice and I am so grateful.

1 reply
March 27th, 2022

@Ilovemyrescuedog20

Welcome to 7cups, im glad you found help here, 😸

load more
User Profile: w0rmyourhonor
w0rmyourhonor March 28th, 2022

I’m glad this support system exists

load more
User Profile: HumanisticStudent
HumanisticStudent March 16th, 2022

@Hope Hi! I am a new listener to 7 cups of tea. Sometimes life can have a toll on people, and they just need to lend a person's ear to unload their stress. I am here to be that person, I will actively listen and I will never judge. I want to alleviate people's stress. Moreover, I want to provide a safe space for people and become compassionate chatter, to be able to place myself in their shoes and imagine their experience. So far, the website has taught me a lot of things. I came in with the expectation that I will be able to help everyone and make them feel happier after a little chat, that's far from the case. Real situations require more attention on the individuals (not treating members as a group or the tags they chosen, but understanding each of their situations), more understanding, and more processing (of their situation). It is not enough to apply the same method of chatting every time. For example, pointing out people's strengths does not work for everyone, it might seem confusing to some people like they are chatting with a "positivity machine" and that digress far from active listening. I am still learning and I will continue to help people. Cheers!

1 reply
User Profile: MidwesternCalmSeeker
MidwesternCalmSeeker March 23rd, 2022

That’s a great way to think about it! I also vary my replies based on the member’s tone and try to kind of get on the same page with them as I chat. I used a lot of the example language from the training when I first started and have come up with my own words that feel more like me in real life.

load more
User Profile: OptimisticLady8
OptimisticLady8 March 16th, 2022

@Hope very nice